Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Results 1 to 4 of 4

    Hybrid View

    1. #1
      Join Date
      Dec 2004
      Location
      California
      Posts
      794
      Country Flag: United States

      Who is running a 6L90 in an A body?

      I wanted to know how much ground clearance there is with the transmission installed.



    2. #2
      Join Date
      Mar 2006
      Location
      Fort Campbell, KY
      Posts
      122
      Country Flag: United States
      In short, yes it will fit, in the 1968 GTO the 6L80 hangs about a 1/2" below the cts-v pan, but I am going to be changing some pertinent parts out.

      I'll try and be helpful but there are a couple of factors involved:

      I don't know if the 64 - 67 & 68 - 72 A Bodies are the same, the later one might be easier to tuck the transmission higher up.
      It depends on the cross member and if you are using the factory install points.
      How much of the transmission tunnel you are willing to cut, it is not going to fit like the 4L80e does, it was easier to remove the tunnel than to try and save it.
      Which pan you are using, there is a shorter VE/G8 pan which "should" reduce the depth by a 1", I don't know what other parts need to be replaced.

      I would have measurements taken but I have to swap out the cross member, the transmission pan, adjust the ride height and decide on the rims.

      hopes some of this helps
      Josh
      1968 GTO https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ject-Grey-Goat
      Trying to accomplish the impossible, with no resources in the minimal amount of time possible.

    3. #3
      Join Date
      Nov 2011
      Location
      Lowell MI
      Posts
      50
      How are you controlling the 6L90?

    4. #4
      Join Date
      Dec 2009
      Location
      Carson City, NV
      Posts
      861
      Country Flag: United States
      I have a 6L70E in my Chevelle, and had to cut the trans tunnel to fit. however If I had been a little forceful with a large hammer it may have been made to fit.




    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com