Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Results 1 to 7 of 7
    1. #1
      Join Date
      Jul 2012
      Posts
      4
      Country Flag: Switzerland

      74 dodge coronet?!

      Hey there.
      My name is Michael, i'm from switzerland. Unfortunatly we don't have too many chances to find a musclecar with a good basis for a project. But last week I heard about a guy who is selling a 74 dodge coronet (318cui). As I'm following your forum (it's great by the way!!) I thought, some of you guys here may help me. Is the 74 dodge coronet a good basis for a project, I'm asking because i couldn't find a lot about the car in the internet?! Most of the stuff is for the 65-70 coronets.

      Thanks in advance and keep the awesome work up.

      Michael



    2. #2
      Join Date
      May 2006
      Location
      Milwaukee WI
      Posts
      76
      They are bigger and heavier than the earlier cars, were prone to rust, and will be really hard to find parts for. I like the "dare to be different" projects, but unless you really love the way it looks, I would keep looking for something with some parts availability. Just my opinion.
      ShaneG

      Used to be known as PT Judge

    3. #3
      Join Date
      Jul 2012
      Posts
      4
      Country Flag: Switzerland
      Thank you for your quick response and informations. I'll take a look at the car next week and make my decision afterwards. But if you tell me that it will be hard to find parts even in the states, I have to look for something else..

    4. #4
      Join Date
      Jul 2009
      Location
      Grand Rapids, MI
      Posts
      1,559
      Country Flag: United States
      Welcome to the forum!!! I'm in Zurich, but building my project in the States over the holidays. If the Coronet is complete and not completely rusted out, would be a good start for a project; I don't recall seeing too much available for body parts if it is bad. So if it's clean, it may be worth it. They are big though, and would be real different from anything I've seen here in Zurich. Would love to see a big Mopar around. Hopefully it's in good shape for you. Keep us posted.
      Will Ellis
      1969 Dodge Dart Swinger, 1/2 Dart / 1/2 Viper...
      Build Thread

    5. #5
      Join Date
      Jul 2012
      Posts
      4
      Country Flag: Switzerland
      Hey Will, thanks for your response. As I sad, I will take a good look at the car, make my decision and will definitly give you an answer. I checked out your project, looks awesome!! Can't wait to visit the states again I travel to the USA at least once a year.

    6. #6
      Join Date
      Jul 2009
      Location
      Grand Rapids, MI
      Posts
      1,559
      Country Flag: United States
      Thanks Michael. Yeah I'm already looking forward to getting back. Lots to do... Where are you located? My wife and I just moved to Au between Wädenswil and Horgen along Lake Zürich.
      Will Ellis
      1969 Dodge Dart Swinger, 1/2 Dart / 1/2 Viper...
      Build Thread

    7. #7
      Join Date
      Jul 2012
      Posts
      4
      Country Flag: Switzerland
      I'm at home in Luzern and work at Kloten, therefore I'm often in the area of Zürich. Maybe we will see us one day on the road or elsewhere. Would be great..




    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com