Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Results 1 to 20 of 81

    Thread: 63 Biscayne

    Threaded View

    1. #10
      Join Date
      Mar 2012
      Location
      Texarkana, TX
      Posts
      186
      Country Flag: United States

      Rear filler panel, tail light panel, dents hinges and fuel cell

      I didn't think I made much progress since the last update but, was able to get a few things done.

      -Replaced the drivers side rear tail light panel
      -Replaced the filler below the trunk
      -Welded and panel bonded the trunk weatherstrip channels. I am really glad I have a shrinker/stretcher otherwise this really would have been a PITA.
      -Stripped all the surface rust off of the trunk lid
      -Fixed the majority of the dents on the PS quarter panel however, I will still need a bit of filler on the seams where I welded in the patch. Seems like every time I weld in a patch panel, I end up getting a pucker (low spot) where the seam is. If anyone has any suggestions, I'm all ears.
      -Rebuilt all of the hinges
      -Fixed the master cylinder backing plate to allow for the difference between the original firewall and the smooth firewall
      -And the big thing, last night I looked outside and a big box is next to the garage...My Aeromotive Stealth Fuel Cell and cage built by Schwartz!!!















      In case you're wondering why all of the Ms on the weatherstrip channel, turn your computer upside down and you will see Ws Marking where I needed to strip weld thru primer off of for the panel bond.

      One other little project was building a caulking gun for the 50ml 3M seam sealer. Short story is I saw a great deal on seam sealer but, didn't realize that it was only 50ml instead of the standard size so, instead of spending another $50 for a new gun, I just made one.



      63 Biscayne
      Schwartz Performance Chassis

      My build thread: https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ht=#post916553





    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com