Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
    Results 61 to 80 of 162
    1. #61
      Join Date
      Oct 2009
      Location
      New Derry, PA
      Posts
      1,265
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by Suzy-Homemaker View Post
      Motor looks so pretty and shiney!

      What, no 2JZ Twin turbo swap????

      Ray Kaufman - Wyotech Chassis Fab and High Performance Instructor. Words of Wisdom from an old master... at Asylum Custom Interiors website

    2. #62
      Join Date
      Jul 2010
      Location
      OREGON
      Posts
      364
      Country Flag: United States
      Nice details on the build I see you guys safety wired the bell housing bolts any reason for this or just did it because ya could?

    3. #63
      Join Date
      Mar 2012
      Location
      San Francisco Bay Area
      Posts
      54
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by FRENCHBLUE72 View Post
      Nice details on the build I see you guys safety wired the bell housing bolts any reason for this or just did it because ya could?
      Just because we could. And it looks cool.

    4. #64
      Join Date
      Mar 2012
      Location
      San Francisco Bay Area
      Posts
      54
      Country Flag: United States

      Now Comes the Hard Part

      As if tracking down brake conversions, clutch components and other random weird parts wasn't difficult enough, I decided to start making some calls on the more obvious stuff: suspension bushings and the windsheild.
      Well, bushings for the rear suspension will cost more than replacing the leaf springs with a triangulated four-link and the windsheild is going to run over $700 with the glass alone costing almost $600.

      I think I will have to get away with the glass as it is for a short while.

      I also found out that a clutch pilot bearing that I paid $12 bucks for (and double postage because they shipped me the wrong one the first time) has a wholesale price of .76 cents. SEVENTY SIX CENTS! Dear jerkface parts guy that just lost my business: I only shopped you because you're local but now that I know you're ripping me off more than you have to...I'll go elsewhere.
      Anyone got a money tree? What the hell?

    5. #65
      Join Date
      May 2012
      Location
      Vacaville, Ca
      Posts
      3
      Country Flag: United States
      Suzy
      Seeing the engine Back in Sugar after all this years. Is Truly a dream come true. Puts some strange wettness in my eyes. Thanks for being so good to her.Are you going to make it to reno with her?

    6. #66
      Join Date
      Jun 2011
      Location
      St. George, Utah
      Posts
      1,629
      Country Flag: United States
      Hey Suzy, I feel your pain. Although my car is no where as unique as yours I've run into the "it's a wagon" rare parts a coupla times. What a pain it can be. You prolly already have, but make sure you search forums related to your car. Make friends and you find doors open up all over the place, like someone has spare parts out in the garage they're willing to part with or someone knows of a reliable resource on where to get stuff. I also found rather than buying local, patience and searching/shopping on the internet I've saved a ton of $ on my build, something I've had to learn how to do out of necessity because the money tree seeds I planted a couple years still haven't sprouted yet. ;)

      All in all, you're doing great work, keep on rockin' it!
      -Ben, Your friendly neighborhood Rendering dude

      SRD on Facebook

      79 Cutlass wagon build


    7. #67
      Join Date
      Mar 2012
      Location
      San Francisco Bay Area
      Posts
      54
      Country Flag: United States
      As hard as we're trying, I don't think we'll make it to Reno. Unfortunately, Uncle Sam took a little more from me in April than I had anticipated and progress has slowed a little on Sugar... :(


      Quote Originally Posted by cliffs750 View Post
      Suzy
      Seeing the engine Back in Sugar after all this years. Is Truly a dream come true. Puts some strange wettness in my eyes. Thanks for being so good to her.Are you going to make it to reno with her?

    8. #68
      Join Date
      Mar 2012
      Location
      San Francisco Bay Area
      Posts
      54
      Country Flag: United States
      I hear ya, patience is definitely a requirement for working on these rare gems.
      I have been very fortunate that at one point, there were a ton of Ramblers out there and for the most part, my car was in great shape.
      Unfortunately, some things must be bought new or restored and as a result it makes it hard to spend almost as much on the windshield as I did on the car to buy it. If only I had a junkyard with a few Ramblers in it, I'd be happy scouring for parts all day - I'm good at that. Alas, Ramblers were sent to the wrecker, not the yard.


      Quote Originally Posted by SRD art View Post
      Hey Suzy, I feel your pain. Although my car is no where as unique as yours I've run into the "it's a wagon" rare parts a coupla times. What a pain it can be. You prolly already have, but make sure you search forums related to your car. Make friends and you find doors open up all over the place, like someone has spare parts out in the garage they're willing to part with or someone knows of a reliable resource on where to get stuff. I also found rather than buying local, patience and searching/shopping on the internet I've saved a ton of $ on my build, something I've had to learn how to do out of necessity because the money tree seeds I planted a couple years still haven't sprouted yet. ;)

      All in all, you're doing great work, keep on rockin' it!

    9. #69
      Join Date
      Nov 2008
      Location
      Lawrenceburg, TN
      Posts
      4,098
      Country Flag: United States

      stop it!

      heres some of the small details going into Sugar, a Corvette dual bail master cylinder custom bent lines and wilwood prop valve, nothing is pre built for the car for a performance disc brake set up, so cut lines add ends and double flair then bend, and repeat

      Name:  GEDC9113.jpg
Views: 2902
Size:  195.8 KB
      Name:  GEDC9114.jpg
Views: 2905
Size:  177.9 KB
      Name:  GEDC9116.jpg
Views: 2968
Size:  226.4 KB

    10. #70
      Join Date
      Sep 2009
      Posts
      2,996
      Country Flag: United States
      Very nice. I like that the car is mostly original.


      1955 Nomad project LC9, 4L80e, C5 brakes, Vision wheels
      1968 Camaro 6.2 w/ LSA, TR6060-Magnum hybrid and etc SOLD
      1976 T/A LS1 6 Speed, and etc. SOLD
      Follow me on Instagram: ryeguy2006a

    11. #71
      Join Date
      Apr 2009
      Location
      LI,NY
      Posts
      304
      Country Flag: United States
      Very cool! Would like to hear that old girl run......

      65 Vista Cruiser
      67 Delta 88 Vert
      70 Vista Cruiser Pro-Tour Project
      96 T-Bird
      69 BSA A65L
      48 Ford F5
      https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...o-Tour-Project

    12. #72
      Join Date
      Mar 2012
      Location
      San Francisco Bay Area
      Posts
      54
      Country Flag: United States
      You and me both Erik...you and me both!

      Quote Originally Posted by ent72olds View Post
      Very cool! Would like to hear that old girl run......

    13. #73
      Join Date
      Nov 2008
      Location
      Lawrenceburg, TN
      Posts
      4,098
      Country Flag: United States

      50 year old rambler suspension

      here's what it all looks like stock and original

      rear leaf shackle and articulation spring

      Name:  GEDC9606.jpg
Views: 3199
Size:  228.9 KB

      another angle on this link and spring, with this design the car had 19 inches of articulation (if one side was on the ground the other side had to be lifted over 19 inches to get the wheel off the ground)

      Name:  GEDC9607.jpg
Views: 2767
Size:  187.6 KB

      here's the front leaf spring eyelet mount

      Name:  GEDC9608.jpg
Views: 2642
Size:  160.9 KB

    14. #74
      Join Date
      Nov 2008
      Location
      Lawrenceburg, TN
      Posts
      4,098
      Country Flag: United States

      Ride Tech triangulated 4 link for Sugar(1963 Rambler American Wagon)

      were modding every thing on the kit, here's the plan, Build 4 link, Build Watts Link, custom rear Sway Bar, first we'll build and assemble the setup then take it back out to send out for powdercoating and all the hardware plated, Build 4 link, Build Watts Link, custom rear Sway Bar

      the rear perches are cut down to be welded to an axle plate

      Name:  GEDC9449.jpg
Views: 2759
Size:  204.7 KB



      Name:  GEDC9450.jpg
Views: 2662
Size:  217.3 KB


      Name:  GEDC9605.jpg
Views: 2821
Size:  202.3 KB


      and here how the front leaf spring mount is going to serve as the front lower locating bar support, the new parts slip into place with just a small tube shim

      Name:  GEDC9621.jpg
Views: 2669
Size:  218.6 KB


      Name:  GEDC9622.jpg
Views: 2792
Size:  219.8 KB

    15. #75
      Join Date
      Nov 2008
      Location
      Lawrenceburg, TN
      Posts
      4,098
      Country Flag: United States

      1963 Rambler Disc Brakes? Sugars gets a brake

      1963 Rambler Disc Brakes? know how hard it is to find factory ones, the next best thing is a ScareBird brake bracket setup, a well made bracket with detailed parts list to run modern parts on a 50 year old car, front disc brakes made easy!

      first strip the old off
      Name:  GEDC9313.jpg
Views: 2833
Size:  167.3 KB

      next add the sweet Scarebird bracket
      Name:  GEDC9316.jpg
Views: 2959
Size:  187.6 KB

      then is simply add the Ford ranger disc's, Chevy Cavalier Calipers, and Caddy hoses
      Name:  GEDC9326.jpg
Views: 2704
Size:  130.8 KB

    16. #76
      Join Date
      Mar 2008
      Location
      Brisbane Australia
      Posts
      410
      Country Flag: Australia
      Nice brake conversion, good to see some pro-touring elements starting
      Hot rodder's recycle, wheres those prius' going when the tree huggers have a new fad.

    17. #77
      Join Date
      Jul 2010
      Location
      OREGON
      Posts
      364
      Country Flag: United States
      Nice to see ya back on her...

    18. #78
      Join Date
      Jul 2012
      Location
      eden ga
      Posts
      679
      Country Flag: United States
      Nice work I love the old amc wagons. I hope mine turns out that nice

    19. #79
      Join Date
      Aug 2009
      Location
      Crofton, MD
      Posts
      160
      Quote Originally Posted by Suzy-Homemaker View Post
      POR-15 nail polish... you must love that stuff! Pretty cool wagon!


      GM EFI Tuner
      1980 Z28 Pro-touring project - sold
      2002 Trans Am 9.41 at 143mph on pump gas and drag radials - sold


    20. #80
      Join Date
      Mar 2012
      Location
      San Francisco Bay Area
      Posts
      54
      Country Flag: United States
      Looks like the wagon on your profile is well on its way to being a fast cutie!
      Quote Originally Posted by 5spd540 View Post
      Nice work I love the old amc wagons. I hope mine turns out that nice

    Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast



    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com