Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Results 1 to 20 of 162

    Threaded View

    1. #11
      Join Date
      Jun 2011
      Location
      St. George, Utah
      Posts
      1,629
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by Suzy-Homemaker View Post
      Had no choice really...it's numbers matching and I felt like it was too rare of a car to start splitting it up. I'm anxious to see how it does since I am not looking for top-end speed (since I'm autocrossing) and the 3-speed combined with the bored out flat 6 should be a nice set up for the small track.
      I had one area of paint on the back of my upper arm that got all funky, like slightly swollen and bumpy. Then I realized if I would just stop scratching it it went away, lol! It's been about 2 weeks and I still have it on my fingernails. I wore nitrile gloves but I decided to use foam brushes instead of paint brushes. As the foam would wear off the stick I'd apply it by holding the foam like a sponge. It blew through several gloves and got on my fingers. At least for you if you wear long sleeves no one will know the better.

      I wonder if you can throw a little bit of boost at it, maybe 5-10 lbs? Those old motors seemed pretty beefy if nothing else. Still not sure that it could handle it but something to consider. Inline 6 torque with some low gears should do well in pulling around corners and such. I've seen plenty of videos that prove power isn't what wins autocross.

      -Ben, Your friendly neighborhood Rendering dude

      SRD on Facebook

      79 Cutlass wagon build






    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com