Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
    Results 81 to 100 of 162
    1. #81
      Join Date
      Jul 2012
      Location
      eden ga
      Posts
      679
      Country Flag: United States
      Its a solid car but slow as a turtle but fun to drive with the 5spd in it

    2. #82
      Join Date
      Mar 2012
      Location
      San Francisco Bay Area
      Posts
      54
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by 5spd540 View Post
      Its a solid car but slow as a turtle but fun to drive with the 5spd in it
      Who you callin' a turtle? ;)

    3. #83
      Join Date
      Mar 2010
      Location
      Templeton Ca
      Posts
      222
      Quote Originally Posted by Suzy-Homemaker View Post
      Who you callin' a turtle? ;)
      pretty sure the turtle won the race.....
      Kyle Newman
      Fabricator at Newman Car Creations
      57 Chevy Wagoon
      "Bad Idea" 55 Chevy

    4. #84
      Join Date
      Oct 2011
      Location
      Cincinnati Ohio
      Posts
      65
      Country Flag: United States
      Has there been any new progress on this car? I love the odd ball cars.
      I like what you are doing with this one.

    5. #85
      Join Date
      Mar 2012
      Location
      San Francisco Bay Area
      Posts
      54
      Country Flag: United States
      YES! Actually, after a brief hiatus, we're back to working on it. Some things have changed and I'm preparing pictures for a post this coming week. I think you'll be surprised at what we're doing now!

    6. #86
      Join Date
      Jun 2011
      Location
      St. George, Utah
      Posts
      1,629
      Country Flag: United States
      V8 power? ;) Looking forward to seeing pics...
      -Ben, Your friendly neighborhood Rendering dude

      SRD on Facebook

      79 Cutlass wagon build


    7. #87
      Join Date
      Apr 2012
      Posts
      9
      Country Flag: United States
      Can't wait to see the pics

    8. #88
      Join Date
      Mar 2012
      Location
      San Francisco Bay Area
      Posts
      54
      Country Flag: United States
      Okay... I have pictures, but not on this computer so I'll try to sort through and get them posted tonight.
      Over the last nine months or so, I have made several changes in the build -- doing exactly what I tell others not to do -- and basically delayed getting my little Sugar on the road/track. My Mister and I are well on the way to getting her rolling though, so I thought I'd share some of the build decisions/changes we've made. Keep in mind, that when we started this build, I wasn't racing (autocross) yet and I had a different idea of what I needed to race, than I do now. I am confident that before next season's racing, the beautiful flat head six cylinder that I had rebuilt/restored for a lot of $$ and the three-in-the-tree, will be replaced with an LS and 5-speed trans I just can't see going from the 6 liter LS in the Camaro to Sugar's 100 (or so) horsepower, regardless of the torque I might get from only three gears. (wishful thinking..)
      Okay, back to the current build list:
      1969 Camaro subframe -- This was for several reasons. Primarily because Mister was going to be changing out his suspension and this allowed all of his current equipment to easily transfer over to Sugar. Additionally, I could not find a disc brake conversion for the front wheels. As you may recall, I got a great set up for the rears from Scarebird but nothing for the fronts. Working from the base of a first-gen Camaro opened up all sorts of resources that would never be available for a '63 Rambler - as I'm sure you can imagine.
      ridetech Triangulated Four-Link - Before the Camaro subframe we had found a ridetech solution for the rear to replace the leaf springs.
      RideTech Coilovers -- All four corners
      Hotchkis font sway bar and Helwig rear sway bar
      Camaro stock modified drive shaft (first gen)
      Chevy 8.5 ten bolt w/ posi
      Custom Watts Link
      Global West upper arms
      DSE lower arms
      RideTech TruTurn
      Brakes: Camaro single piston w/ Wilwood proportioning valve front and Cadillac Disc Rears

      Okay, that's the list. I have some cool pics of the rear coilover custom setup coming up through the storage hatch in the back of the wagon "for easy adjustments on the fly". Thanks for reading!

    9. #89
      Join Date
      Nov 2012
      Posts
      117
      Country Flag: Canada
      Great little car, I have a 64 330 american with the straight 6 on the tree, Its my daily driver in the summer for now until I finish my truck, then it will be next. I doubt you will regret going with the LS and 5 speed. mine takes miles to get up to speed and another few miles to slow down lol.
      Good luck with the rest of the build ill be watching

    10. #90
      Join Date
      Mar 2012
      Location
      San Francisco Bay Area
      Posts
      54
      Country Flag: United States

      Pictures of work so far...

      So we've subbed in the Camaro sub-frame in the rear and @Rod fabbed the shock mounts in the rear cargo hatch.
      The car now sits so low the roof is almost to my 5'2" shoulder.
      You can see from the pics what's been done...
      Name:  GEDC0620.jpg
Views: 1996
Size:  174.5 KBName:  GEDC0623.jpg
Views: 1976
Size:  227.1 KBName:  GEDC0635.jpg
Views: 1949
Size:  259.1 KBName:  GEDC0650.jpg
Views: 1959
Size:  120.0 KBName:  GEDC0651.jpg
Views: 1942
Size:  223.4 KBName:  GEDC0654.jpg
Views: 1948
Size:  210.5 KB

    11. #91
      Join Date
      Oct 2006
      Location
      Carlsbad, CA
      Posts
      744
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by Rod View Post
      why cant floor plugs be automatic??
      If you leave them in long enough, in the right kind of weather - they kinda are automatic ;-)

      Great to see progress guys - can't wait to see this on the track!
      2G.

    12. #92
      Join Date
      Nov 2008
      Location
      Thomasville, NC
      Posts
      202
      Country Flag: United States
      There is a 330 wagon @ the local Pull-a-Part...sweet little cars.

      Looking good!
      1966 Pontiac Catalina Ventura
      389/TH400, Wide-Track Darksider
      Bars, springs, disc brakes, etc.

      1962 Falcon 2-dr
      "just getting started"

    13. #93
      Join Date
      Nov 2008
      Location
      Lawrenceburg, TN
      Posts
      4,098
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
      If you leave them in long enough, in the right kind of weather - they kinda are automatic ;-)

      Great to see progress guys - can't wait to see this on the track!
      2G.
      those are self ejecting body plugs, ha ha ha ha they just drop out after years of use

    14. #94
      Join Date
      Mar 2012
      Location
      San Francisco Bay Area
      Posts
      54
      Country Flag: United States

      She's on the move!

      Sort of.
      Tonight we pulled Sugar out of our high-tech garage-of-luxury to turn her around and I snapped a few pictures.
      Name:  sugar 1.jpg
Views: 1847
Size:  212.9 KBName:  sugar2.jpg
Views: 1877
Size:  224.6 KBName:  sugar3.jpg
Views: 1842
Size:  206.1 KB

    15. #95
      Join Date
      Oct 2008
      Location
      Mesa, AZ
      Posts
      103
      I like it.
      chaz selby

    16. #96
      Join Date
      Apr 2012
      Posts
      9
      Country Flag: United States
      Looking good I like the stance.

    17. #97
      Join Date
      Mar 2010
      Location
      Templeton Ca
      Posts
      222
      looking good guys!
      Kyle Newman
      Fabricator at Newman Car Creations
      57 Chevy Wagoon
      "Bad Idea" 55 Chevy

    18. #98
      Join Date
      Jun 2011
      Location
      St. George, Utah
      Posts
      1,629
      Country Flag: United States
      Looks great! When you mentioned the Camaro subframe my initial thought was it'll be too wide, but looks like it's about perfect. Not sure your plans but I can see that thing with fender flares like the early import guys use, you know Mr. Vengeance style, only maybe not so wide. That would look way bad.

      You sure have changed the look of this thing, from wimpy to wicked! Keep it going!
      -Ben, Your friendly neighborhood Rendering dude

      SRD on Facebook

      79 Cutlass wagon build


    19. #99
      Join Date
      Nov 2008
      Location
      Lawrenceburg, TN
      Posts
      4,098
      Country Flag: United States
      Thanks to everyone for the thumbs up on Sugar

      Quote Originally Posted by SRD art View Post
      Looks great! When you mentioned the Camaro subframe my initial thought was it'll be too wide, but looks like it's about perfect. Not sure your plans but I can see that thing with fender flares like the early import guys use, you know Mr. Vengeance style, only maybe not so wide. That would look way bad.

      You sure have changed the look of this thing, from wimpy to wicked! Keep it going!
      funny you say that because, we did squeeze an 17x8inch wheel under the car all 4 corners, but we might be able to get a 17x9.5 or 10inch wheel under it with the right back space and a little flair, that's a whole LOTTA rim under a car designed for a 14x4 inch rim, its gonna ride like a go cart it has only a 101 inch wheel base

    20. #100
      Join Date
      Jun 2011
      Location
      St. George, Utah
      Posts
      1,629
      Country Flag: United States
      Hard to tell from the pics but it looks like you have the same brand wheels I have. Mine are 17x9.5 all around with 5.5" bs, MB Old Schools from Discount tire. Is that what's on the Camaro too?

      -Ben, Your friendly neighborhood Rendering dude

      SRD on Facebook

      79 Cutlass wagon build



    Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast



    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com