Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Results 41 to 60 of 129

    Hybrid View

    1. #1
      Join Date
      Dec 2007
      Location
      Lombard, IL
      Posts
      545
      Country Flag: United States
      that is crazy cool!
      or
      that is crazy, cool!

      Dan
      1971 Chevelle Maliboo Convertible 496/4L80E
      1956 210 2 door Sedan 8-71 blown 468/T400


    2. #2
      Join Date
      Mar 2010
      Location
      Brisbane, Australia
      Posts
      138
      Country Flag: Australia
      An unexpected day of work happened on this today

      Got another day in on this.









      Clayton

    3. #3
      Join Date
      Sep 2009
      Posts
      2,996
      Country Flag: United States
      That is some really nice fab work.


      1955 Nomad project LC9, 4L80e, C5 brakes, Vision wheels
      1968 Camaro 6.2 w/ LSA, TR6060-Magnum hybrid and etc SOLD
      1976 T/A LS1 6 Speed, and etc. SOLD
      Follow me on Instagram: ryeguy2006a

    4. #4
      Join Date
      Mar 2010
      Location
      Brisbane, Australia
      Posts
      138
      Country Flag: Australia
      Sure is, I'm really impressed with the work the guy is doing. His ability to "see" solutions to the space problems this conversion has encoutered is just awesome!
      Clayton

    5. #5
      Join Date
      Mar 2010
      Location
      Brisbane, Australia
      Posts
      138
      Country Flag: Australia
      That Cobra is pretty cool. Swedes sure are nuts. He is using a later model Merc V12 which would have been a good brand match for me car. I was only referring to the Toyota V12 that I'm using in my conversion that no-one really has running yet.
      Clayton

    6. #6
      Join Date
      Dec 2004
      Location
      Abbotsford, BC
      Posts
      359
      Country Flag: Canada
      You know...i totally thought you had the merc V12....lol whoops!

    7. #7
      Join Date
      Apr 2009
      Location
      LI,NY
      Posts
      304
      Country Flag: United States
      CHRIST!!!! Like stuffing 10lbs of sausage in a 5lb skin....or should I say 10 lbs of sushi in a bratwurst skin!

      65 Vista Cruiser
      67 Delta 88 Vert
      70 Vista Cruiser Pro-Tour Project
      96 T-Bird
      69 BSA A65L
      48 Ford F5
      https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...o-Tour-Project

    8. #8
      Join Date
      Mar 2010
      Location
      Brisbane, Australia
      Posts
      138
      Country Flag: Australia
      Back on the ground for a bit.



      The cooler is a bit of a giveaway, but I'll look into front bar/spoiler options once I get it back.
      Clayton

    9. #9
      Join Date
      Apr 2009
      Location
      LI,NY
      Posts
      304
      Country Flag: United States
      I guess to keep it as a "sleeper"...shocked all that front end fit back on! May need stiffer springs....keep it goin'!

      65 Vista Cruiser
      67 Delta 88 Vert
      70 Vista Cruiser Pro-Tour Project
      96 T-Bird
      69 BSA A65L
      48 Ford F5
      https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...o-Tour-Project

    10. #10
      Join Date
      Mar 2010
      Location
      Brisbane, Australia
      Posts
      138
      Country Flag: Australia
      Yeah, I'd like to try and keep it sleeperish. Even if just to avoid too much attention from officers of the law. There's plenty of 190e's around rocking a set of non standard wheels, so if I can hide the cooler better, I'll be quite happy.

      In that photo, the car is sitting at full spring height. BTW, I haven't mentioned it yet, but I already have a Ground Control kit and other goodies in there ;). When I bought the kit, it was specc'd with springs to suit a turbocharged iron block I6. The all alloy block V12 with turbo probably weighs close enough to the same, so springs might just be close enough. We'll see how that pans out...........

      Front




      Rear




      Also to be done is a diff upgrade:

      It's an R230 from a Nissan Z32 300ZX Twin Turbo. So it's pretty much 9" sized (a touch larger actually) with very thick half shafts.

      I had a brake upgrade underway as well, but I just could not get the calipers to stop weeping from the transfer seals, so that needs to be sorted as well when I get the car back. I probably need more brake than the original upgrade anyway given I plan to track this car, so that might be a blessing.
      Clayton

    11. #11
      Join Date
      Mar 2010
      Location
      Brisbane, Australia
      Posts
      138
      Country Flag: Australia
      More sexy billet stuff that will never be seen



      Clayton

    12. #12
      Join Date
      May 2009
      Location
      Connecticut
      Posts
      409
      Country Flag: United States
      Friggin awesome. keep up the good work.
      Aldin
      1969 Camaro (Weapon of Choice) in the works

    13. #13
      Join Date
      Nov 2010
      Posts
      1,387
      Country Flag: United States
      niceeeeeeee... u are going crazy fast
      68 Camaro RS twin turbo
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...d-Intent-V-2-0

      1993 Toyota Supra 6768 Built Single Turbo


      Slow Lifted Jeep No TURBO :(

      Randal F

    14. #14
      Join Date
      Feb 2010
      Location
      Plainfield, IN
      Posts
      99
      Country Flag: United States
      Is that an electric water pump mounted on the bottom of the radiator?
      1969 1/2 Maverick
      4.6 DOHC, Mustang II front, T56, & Cobra IRS
      Custom Interior in the works.
      http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2200206

    15. #15
      Join Date
      Mar 2008
      Location
      The Piedmont Triad, NC
      Posts
      373
      Country Flag: United States
      I would of never thought you could fit that in a 190E. My parents had one but that one would surprise anyone not looking at that intercooler. Great job
      67 LeMans Convertible
      67 GTO
      69 Camaro Build Thread https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ost-Money-quot
      70 Chevelle 400 4spd
      70 Chevelle

    16. #16
      Join Date
      Dec 2011
      Location
      Livermore, CA
      Posts
      92
      Country Flag: United States
      Simply bad a$$!

    17. #17
      Join Date
      Mar 2010
      Location
      Brisbane, Australia
      Posts
      138
      Country Flag: Australia
      I took my 2yo son up with me yesterday to drop the clutch off and check on progress. He now understands that "V12" and "Turbo" are an important part of his ever expanding vocabulary. Here he is asking Al what's going on in the engine bay:


      Al told him that if he wasn't careful and a good boy for his daddy, the turbo would suck him in. I'm not sure if this is disbelief or fear on his face:


      Anyway, Al and his mate Matt were working on the car

      I contracted my mate Matt to do the diff mounting on the merc. He is a boilermaker/sheety/goodbloke/etc and I dangled some of Clayto's cash reserves in front of him.

      We pulled the rear cradle and chopped a section out of the rear to allow the diff to move rearward and align the respective drive flanges. Matt pressed something up while checking his emails and making a coffee and gave it a tweak here and there before welding it in.

      We made the diff mount to position the output flanges at the same centreline as the original merc diff and just centred the pinion in the crossmember while getting it as high as possible(top mounted swaybar).

      The driveshaft shop suggested to me that it is better to have the gearbox and pinion slightly misaligned because it makes the uni work a bit which prevents a single wear pattern forming that eventually leads to vibration(in a single piece shaft, irs application).













      Important Edit - The front mount has not yet been made, please remain calm and do not touch the reply button.
      Clayton

    18. #18
      Join Date
      Mar 2010
      Location
      Brisbane, Australia
      Posts
      138
      Country Flag: Australia
      I'll keep posting the updates as they come in!

      There was a small SNAFU yesterday with the combined dimensions of the 1GZ bellhousing, the adapter plate, the T56 input shaft and the custom flywheel and clutch. I'd obviously ****ed something up in my measurements and the input shaft was about 20mm short of the back of the crank and wouldn't engage the second clutch plate.

      So off with the front housing of the gearbox



      And away to the machine shop for a spot of milling.



      8.5mm off the adapter plate. 7mm of the gearbox housing. 5.5mm off the bellhousing.

      See how that all goes back together.
      Clayton

    19. #19
      Join Date
      Jan 2008
      Posts
      33
      I have a 190 with a ford 5.0. Where did you get all the urethane suspension bushings?

    20. #20
      Join Date
      Mar 2010
      Location
      Brisbane, Australia
      Posts
      138
      Country Flag: Australia
      Quote Originally Posted by amcya View Post
      I have a 190 with a ford 5.0. Where did you get all the urethane suspension bushings?
      They're made by a guy in Thailand. Are you in the US? He has an agent for the products in CA. Let me know and I can pass on the contact details.
      Clayton

    Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast



    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com