Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Results 1 to 9 of 9

    Hybrid View

    1. #1
      Join Date
      Apr 2001
      Location
      Miami, Florida
      Posts
      1,639

      Hey Steve..

      I have a full factory 1969 Pontiac Firebird Rally gauge package. They are all original except for a complete restoration.
      I need to figure out how to drive my factory tach and speedo with your "Shrifter" and a tanny controller from an aftermarket source(of your recommendation/prefference hopefully).
      Frank may call you in the near future if he hasn't allready. We just recieved my console and dash back from fabrication and are ready to begin installation soon. We have an LCD shift indicator mounted in the console which we will need to incorporated into the system to indicate gear selection. It is of the same type and make as most of the aftermarket LCD shift indicators.
      I believe Frank would also like to pick your brain regarding tunnel mods needed to install the 4L80E in the first gen. F-Body.



      What are your thoughts?

      Thanks
      Last edited by Jagarang; 07-15-2005 at 10:24 AM.
      Kevin.
      69 Firebird "Eternity"


    2. #2
      Join Date
      Jan 2003
      Location
      Arizona
      Posts
      5,394
      Country Flag: United States
      Yeah Frank and I went back and forth on tunnel mods today. Clearance should not be a problem other than in trans cooler line area (pass side of trans tunnel).
      The TCU definitely needs tailshaft speed to function properly, so unless this tail swap has dual functions (mechanical and VSS sensor) you will want to go with a converter. I have a customer who raves about the abbott unit.
      I'll get with Frank and zero in on the right controller for your application. Is your car NA or blown?
      ________________
      Steve Chryssos

    3. #3
      Join Date
      Nov 2004
      Location
      Colorado
      Posts
      1,260
      Country Flag: United States
      The abbott box is what you want. You hook up power, vss then attach the speedo cable to the back of your stock speedometer.

      TCI sells this product also.

      This is what I use in my 69 Camaro with my electronic output only t56.




    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com