Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Results 1 to 3 of 3
    1. #1
      Join Date
      Feb 2012
      Location
      Gearheadville USA
      Posts
      7
      Country Flag: United States

      61 F100 from Wiscinsin

      My name is Dub, I'm building a 61 Ford F100. The build started as a pro street but the more I thought about it the more I wanted a real driver. I started out with a MII front end and now have switched to a Trans Am suspension, front and rear. I'm new to Pro Touring but I am not new to building and fabrication. Bodyman by trade, Hot Rod builder by heart. The truck has a fuel injected 5.8 running an E85 conversion, a C6 trans and a 2:56 gear. I'm building for daily driving and fuel millage. Add on's include power windows tilt cruise and A/C. As it sits the truck is tore down to redo the frame, yet again, and I'm on top of it. Still haven't decided on rear suspension. I started out with ol' skool ladder bars but I'm looking for something more driver friendly.I have many friends on this board mostly from the SPI board. I have a lot of reading to do and a lot of questions to ask. I am less concerned with the time frame of the build and more concerned with the final outcome. As I said I'm building a daily driver that will be driven all year as long as the roads are clear of snow. Shoulder surgery is going to halt the build for about 3 months so I have time to learn all I can.

    2. #2
      Join Date
      Mar 2009
      Location
      overseas
      Posts
      3,434
      Country Flag: United States
      welcome aboard Dub! sounds like a cool project! can't wait to see pics!
      Kevin S. (overseas in Germany)
      1963 Chevrolet Impala 2d ht Coupe

      www.CruznArt.com
      CRUZN - Automotive Artworks

    3. #3
      Join Date
      Feb 2012
      Location
      Gearheadville USA
      Posts
      7
      Country Flag: United States
      Thanks! It's going to be about 6 weeks before I can do anymore on the truck. Nice Monte! makes me miss mine even more. Had an 80 black w/white interior.... sold it 18 years ago but will never forget it...




    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com