Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Results 1 to 2 of 2
    1. #1
      Join Date
      Jan 2012
      Posts
      1
      Country Flag: United States

      2001 Ram 1500 QC 4x2 46 re tans

      Need Help!!
      I have a 01 Ram 1500 with a 46re tansmission.
      Just purchased as an extra truck to toy with.
      No Downshift, tried over 15 different adjustments and found no change is trans whatsoever. I found that I needed a governor pressure sensor, ordered part, dropped the pan and to my surprise I have spring 1" long x 1/4" diameter laying in the pan along with what looks like a "u-shaped" clip that is broken is half???? I can't find any diagram that references this spring. The closest that I have found looks like a clutch pack spring???
      Truck upshifted early but ok, overdrive can be kicked in and out either manually or by throttle, No codes for trans.
      Also noticed a large amount of grey (mud) metal collected onto the magnet in the bottom of the pan, which i figure to be normal for 159k?
      Someone lease help?!?!?!



    2. #2
      Join Date
      Nov 2006
      Posts
      201
      The problem you are having with no downshift is very common and as you suspect, Governor pressure sensor, I would recommend changing both the sensor and solenoid for the governor while you there. As for the spring and bracket, without seeing a picture,I have to guess, but I am going to say it is probably the Boost valve spring retainer & spring. I will attach a picture so you can confirm. If so it is located on the top side of the valve body. It is very common to see it broke and will cause low pressure for 4th gear and converter lock-up. I would recommend installing a new retainer before you drive it any further. The grey material in the bottom is clutch material and is wear from the clutches. A Dodge with that many miles is more than likely on it's last leg.... Sorry to tell you this.


      Name:  46RE Retainer.jpg
Views: 146
Size:  2.6 KB
      I hope this helps.

      Thanks,
      Mark
      Bowler Performance Transmissions


    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com