Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    Results 61 to 63 of 63
    1. #61
      Join Date
      Feb 2010
      Location
      Central Texas
      Posts
      78
      Country Flag: United States
      Beginning Friday night, I started working on placing Dynamat in the back of the Mustang.

      I installed Dynamat Xtreme from the bottom of the cowl, down the firewall, but stopped immediately before the shifter. This was done after installing the new floor. I'd intended to add more to the floor and trunk panel but put it off and moved on to something else. The exhaust is quite loud so I've now returned to the project to install more Dynamat.



      Name:  100_2195.JPG
Views: 1116
Size:  612.9 KB

      I purchased two packages of Dynamat Xtreme (#10435) which is 24 square feet. I ended up using about 20 square feet and saved just a little. I covered the entire rear floorboard, the transmission tunnel behind the front seat, and all the panel which separates the truck from the front cabin area.

      Name:  100_7200.JPG
Views: 1049
Size:  418.3 KB
      Name:  100_7201.JPG
Views: 873
Size:  674.0 KB

      They changed the style of Dynamat Xtreme since I did the front of the car. The silver colored type is the older style. The new style has a black coating on it. I tried to get two packages of the silver type so it would all look the same and thought I was successful until it came in the mail.

      I finished the job up this evening and started reinstalling the interior. As I rolled up the driver rear quarter window, it came off track. After inspecting it, I found one of the rollers which glides on the track moving the window up and drown broke so I'll need to order a new one. For now, I put it together so I could drive it around and not have stuff laying all over the garage.


    2. #62
      Join Date
      Aug 2007
      Location
      Roanoke (FortWorth) Texas
      Posts
      786
      Wish I could have stopped you before adding that much dynamat. You only need about 25% cvg of the dampening material. I went crazy years ago with FatMat. Did the entire interior with 2 layers. Now I find out that it just added weight. You should get some dynaliner and or the dynapad to finish up the sound insulation. I'm going to be using Boom Mat Under Carpet lite and my carpet will be ordered with Mass Blocker backing on it. Check out this site for Sound deadening basics.

      http://www.sounddeadenershowdown.com/
      Chris

      Total Cost Involved - Ridetech - Fatman - Total Control Products - Gateway Performance - MaverickMan Carbon

    3. #63
      Join Date
      Jul 2011
      Location
      Prescott, AZ
      Posts
      206
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by 67TXStang View Post
      I've not mentioned it yet but this is a true budget build. It takes me a while to save up for all the items I need for each project. I'm constantly selling old parts to help pay for the new parts I need. Additionally, I do all the work myself so I don't have to worry with labor costs.

      The stock transmission is the original 3 speed toploader (manual). The transmission leaked from the shift seals and covered the bottom of the Mustang in oil. I continued to want to go faster but I could not swap my rear gears (2.79:1) with this leaking all over the axle and undercarriage. This made the transmission my next project for the end of 2009.

      I'd love to install a new T5 transmission. However, I didn't have the money for a 5 speed transmission or the various parts needed to install it in my '67. As a result, I decided to rebuild my current transmission as it only cost about $150 in parts.

      My starting point...


      I installed a Centerforce Stage II clutch and pressure plate during the transmission rebuild. The transmission received an all new bearings, seals, and syncros. The transmission looked imaculate when I was done and the leak was fixed.

      This before and after is amazing. You did an incredible job on the rebuild, it looks like a brand new transmission!

    Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4



    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com