Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Results 1 to 20 of 573

    Threaded View

    1. #11
      Join Date
      Jan 2011
      Location
      Boston, MA
      Posts
      1,180
      Country Flag: United States
      Next it was on to the new Holley LS Retrofit oil pan. Old oil pan removed, pick up tube removed and windage tray cleaned up:




      Holley says you may have to modify your windage tray if the pick up tube doesn't mount flush. Why wouldn't you have to clearance it right? I mean, it's not like you're buying a retrofit part specifically designed for your car right? Oh, yeah, it is...




      Doesn't sit flush, I used a razor blade to mark where I'd need to cut:






      Then went over it with a sharpie:




      A dremel with a cutoff wheel and then a couple whacks with a hammer:




      Assembled on the engine:




      Here's the baffle inside the Holley pan:




      And this is where I left off, front cover gasket and oil pan gasket in place with a little RTV sealant along the edges where the front cover and rear cover meet the engine. Oil pan bolted on, front cover on. Tomorrow I can start on the heads:






    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com