Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Results 1 to 20 of 573

    Threaded View

    1. #11
      Join Date
      Jan 2011
      Location
      Boston, MA
      Posts
      1,180
      Country Flag: United States
      Since my radiator won't be here until mid week or so, I got back to work on the stereo install. I only had time to work on the passenger side kick panel today. The Rod Doors panels were ok, but they were made of plastic and didn't fit very well, you also have to cut the speaker holes out yourself (which I didn't bother for the 6.5") . They also took up quite a bit of foot room. The Screamin' Performance are made of fiberglass and much sturdier, they come with pre-cut speaker openings (although I had to open up the tweeter opening by 1/8" for the tweets I'm using), and they also don't intrude on the foot space.

      Here's a comparison of the Rod Doors and the Screamin' Performance kick panels. The Screamin' Performance will actually sit in a little further once it's screwed in place. My new carpet is a little thick and pushed the firewall side out a little as seen in the photos:

      Rod Doors on the left Screamin' Performance on the right:


      Rod Doors:


      Screamin' Performance:




      Rod Doors:


      Screamin' Performance:





    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com