Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Results 1 to 20 of 573

    Threaded View

    1. #11
      Join Date
      Jan 2011
      Location
      Boston, MA
      Posts
      1,180
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by bowtie707 View Post
      Would this box be able to slide through the trunk opening or would it have to be built in the trunk? Im having the same issue with my car as I'm trying to fit a single solo x 12" in it.
      I will build it to slide through the trunk opening. The measurements were rough (+/- 1/2"), just so I could figure out the volume of each side. I will construct each side with cardboard first to make sure it fits exactly before I begin building it.

      Since I only need 1 cubic foot, I will end up building it just as wide, but not as deep as the sketch. I want to be able to remove it if I go to the track or auto-x it.

      ***Edit***

      I just went out and measured the trunk opening, and there's no way that box would fit through the opening. I also forgot about the fuel filler neck, which is angled into the trunk. If I just build a simple rectangular box, it only needs to be 36" wide, 17" tall and 8" deep to get one cubic foot per side. If I build it with an angled bottom to follow the lines of the trunk, I can get it to sit a little deeper and salvage some more trunk space, which is what I'll probably do.






    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com