Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Results 1 to 20 of 573

    Threaded View

    1. #11
      Join Date
      Jan 2011
      Location
      Boston, MA
      Posts
      1,180
      Country Flag: United States
      I did some measuring for the subwoofer box that will go in the trunk. I was going to mount the 3 Alpine amps in a shallow box on the trunk floor in front of the subs, with the subs firing towards the trunk. I did a quick drawing in MS Paint, only to realize that the box would be roughly 2.75 cubic feet per side, and my subs only need 1 cubic foot per side. Here was the original drawing:






      Since the subwoofer box doesn't need to take up as much space, I am going to mount the amps on a board on the back side of the rear seat facing the trunk, and then build a sub box that is more shallow than initially planned. I used a piece of cardboard to come up with a template for the amp rack, and then cut out a piece of peg board that I had lying around. I'll build the final rack out of plywood and cover in carpet. The sub box will be made from 3/4" mdf.




      And this will be the amp layout:






    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com