Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Results 1 to 20 of 573

    Threaded View

    1. #11
      Join Date
      Jan 2011
      Location
      Boston, MA
      Posts
      1,180
      Country Flag: United States
      It's been a while since I've done anything to the Camaro. I recently decided to do a few suspension and brake upgrades over the winter. This will include the ridetech Tru Turn setup with their drop spindles, ridetech 4 link in the rear, Viking Coilovers with 550# springs on all 4 corners, and upgrading the front brakes from the Wilwood DynaPro (6 piston, 12.19"x.81" rotor) setup to the Wilwood Aero6 (6 piston 14"x1.25" rotor). I'll also be adding a Hydratech hydroboost system, replacing the Wilwood manual master cylinder with a Wilwood power master cylinder (just a bigger bore) and adding a new prop valve. Here's where I am so far...

      I pulled the hubs/rotors/calipers/coil springs/shocks/steering arms/tie rods.

      My plan was to install all the new stuff as soon as I pulled the old components but now I'm trying to determine the right spring rate for my coilovers. MCB recommended 450# springs for my setup and intended use, but Don is doing the same coilovers, and his guy recommended 650# springs. I have a thread here on pro-touring.com hoping to get some input before putting everything back together.



      I've had the coilovers for a couple months and never thought twice about the spring rate since we went over everything before ordering, but I'd hate to install everything and then have to rip it all apart again.





      - - - Updated - - -

      Here's the Tru Turn draglink center bracket which bolts to the existing center link. It relocates the inner tie rod assemblies up and out to minimize bump steer.


      Here it is bolted up, the undercarraige could use a good washing. Sorry about the blurry photo. It was very cramped, cold and dark. I was grumpy most of the day...


      I had to back my car a few feet out of the garage to work on it, fully expecting to be back to a roller by today. Since I'm changing the springs, I couldn't bolt everything back up, but with snow possible on Tuesday I didn't want to leave it like this either:


      So with $16 worth of Harbor Freight wheels, and some cracked scrap 2x4's, I whipped up this nifty little dolly. Once I had driven (yup, it wouldn't push) the car back into the garage, I put it back up on jack stands. Sketchy doesn't even begin to describe how this felt!


      [/URL]





    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com