Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Results 1 to 20 of 573

    Threaded View

    1. #11
      Join Date
      Jan 2011
      Location
      Boston, MA
      Posts
      1,180
      Country Flag: United States
      I had one mechanical failure after the 2nd run. I lost a whole bank of cylinders. I had just relocated my coil packs off the valve covers and extended the new wiring harness, but had no issues with 500 miles of driving. For some reason I grabbed the old coil packs and old wiring harness on my way out the door to the event. Luckily I did, I was able to swap out the coilpacks and wiring harness and spark plug wires between runs, with about 30 seconds to spare!



      I found my cars major weakness. I have massive pad knockback in the brakes. I had this problem with the old 12 bolt and c-clips. When I switched to the Strange S60 with tapered bearings, the problem went away completely on the street. This was the first time I have had a hint of knockback since the swap. After 2-3 hard turns, there was almost no brakes on the first push. I had to tap the brakes to reset the pistons, and then had full brakes. There was just too much to think about to left foot brake on the course yesterday, so I ended up engine braking for the majority of the time. This isn't an excuse, but I think I could have knocked a lot of time off without this issue, especially after seeing the instructors drive. I really babied it around the course after watching my videos...

      The upside is that each run was quicker than the last. My 5 runs went:
      1:45
      1:40
      1:35
      1:30
      1:28

      I am slow. I'm fully aware of that! Here's a couple vids. Reading the cones and remembering the course got easier, but still a challenge at the end of the day. I think this will get a lot easier with practice.

      Run #4


      Run #5





    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com