Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Results 1 to 20 of 573

    Threaded View

    1. #11
      Join Date
      Jan 2011
      Location
      Boston, MA
      Posts
      1,180
      Country Flag: United States
      Nah, no big deal. I just swapped out the LQ9 valley cover for an LS6 valley cover. The LS6 valley cover has an internal PCV valve with a vent tube coming out the front. I didn't have a PCV system before, just a hose running from one valve cover, to a vented catch can, to the other valve cover. And I have been getting a little oil pushing out from under the valve covers and from under the valley cover as well.

      Here's what I had been running for a setup:


      And the old LQ9 valley cover (that black hose in the middle attached to the vent tube on the front of the passenger side valve cover):


      And this is the new setup:


      And the new LS6 valley cover (I hadn't installed the knock sensors yet, and you can see the vent tube in front with a red cap on it):




      Here it is all plumbed up and back together. It took about 2-2.5hrs start to finish, and now I have a working PCV. I have an oil cap breather installed on the drivers side valve cover, and the catch can is now a sealed system, but I didn't capture it in the pic.:





    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com