Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Results 1 to 20 of 573

    Hybrid View

    1. #1
      Join Date
      Jan 2011
      Location
      Boston, MA
      Posts
      1,180
      Country Flag: United States
      I ordered the S60 through Central Racing Parts. They are a sponsor on LS1Tech.com, and the owner Carl has some of the best customer service I've seen in the industry. He always answered his e-mails and phone calls and took all the time in the world to answer my questions. Much better price than a Moser or Strange 12 bolt as well. I looked at 12 bolts, 9" and Dana 60's and the S60 was the best as far as price and strength. CRP is out of Witchita, KS if you're looking for a unit. I would certainly use them again.



      I got my DSE multileaf shock plates in the mail. I also ordered the 1/2" U-bolts instead of the standard 7/16" U-Bolts, so I knew that I'd need to bore out the holes a little, same with the spring perches on the S60.

      DSE shock plates:


      The one on the right has been drilled to 9/16" to accomodate the 1/2" U-bolt:


      I don't know if it was the shock plate or the spring perch, but after drilling out for the larger U-Bolts, I was off by 1/10" on each side. I ended up widening the holes to allow the U-Bolts to slip in place:



      Here's a closeup of where the axle meets the end. Very nice welds, almost too pretty to paint:


      Here are the welds on the spring perches, again almost too pretty to cover up:


      But, you gotta do what you gotta do. 3 coats of VHT Roll Bar & Chassis Gloss Black:







    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com