Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Results 1 to 20 of 573

    Hybrid View

    1. #1
      Join Date
      Jan 2011
      Location
      Boston, MA
      Posts
      1,180
      Country Flag: United States
      I have been working on a closeout panel for my console over the past couple weeks. I'm using the console out of a 2002 Camaro. It fit's the tunnel great, has an armrest, cup holders, etc. but doesn't meet up with the dash.

      ***THIS IS NOT A HOW TO***, it is a "how I did it". I have no experience working with fiberglass. I just saw it done on some TV show, probably West Coast Customs, or Over Haulin'.

      Skip to the end for finished results...



      Here's what my rough vision was:



      I found this radio bezel for a 2001 Honda S2000 on eBay and it looked to be about the right size:



      I started with some aluminum stock (light weight, easy to bend and I had some lying around). The console sits a little towards the passenger side, so the aluminum looks and is crooked. No worries, since I was going to be covering it in fiberglass. I just wanted it to mold to the tunnel:



      I added two more pieces that I had shaped to the radio bezel:





      Cut out some openings for the clips on the back of the bezel to fit through:



      And mounted it up:










    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com