Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Results 1 to 20 of 573

    Hybrid View

    1. #1
      Join Date
      Jul 2005
      Location
      Grain Valley, MO
      Posts
      92
      Country Flag: United States
      I'm looking for pics on how people have run their power steering lines. Please post one when you've got the time. Thanks.



    2. #2
      Join Date
      Jan 2011
      Location
      Boston, MA
      Posts
      1,180
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by Mizzouri View Post
      I'm looking for pics on how people have run their power steering lines. Please post one when you've got the time. Thanks.
      I'm using stock '69 (not '67) Camaro PS hoses. I ended up needing a longer run for my return line, so I used some fuel injection hose for that line. I went with FI hose, because it is more rigid, and needed something that would not collapse on a tight bend.

      Here's the routing from the PS box. The pressure line makes a 90 degree turn in front of the #1 header, and another 90 behind the frame mount. I have it zip tied to the return line hose to keep them from hitting the header and the upper control arm. I also have a second zip tie on the pressure hose connected to the frame mount. The return line travels straight forward and past the pump, making a U-Turn for the connection:




      Here's how I have the hoses tied together:




      Here's where the pressure line connects to the pump and runs between the frame mount and oil pan:




      Here's the U-Turn for the return hose. This pic is looking from the front of the car towards the firewall. The PS pulley is on the left of the pic:





    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com