Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Results 1 to 20 of 573

    Threaded View

    1. #11
      Join Date
      Jan 2011
      Location
      Boston, MA
      Posts
      1,180
      Country Flag: United States
      Assembly begins:




      A second layer of 3/4" MDF is added to the front with a bigger circle cutout to recess the face of the sub. I'm using Tee nuts to attach the speaker to the box so I can remove the subs whenever I want. If you screw directly into the MDF, you only get a few removals before the wood is stripped:




      Here's a diagonal view of the box before the second front piece was added. It's tilted back in the picture, but that angle matches the angle of the diff tunnel in the trunk:




      Here it is in the trunk, the face is still just attached by two screws in case I need to do some tweaking. It's a very tight fit, and that's without carpet:




      Speaking of carpet, my new trunk carpet arrived today from ACC, I went with the black cut pile for the trunk and interior, and picked up a couple extra yards to do the sub box and trunk close out panels as well. I just layed it in so it would start to settle. I may have to pull the amp rack to tuck it under near the rear seats:








    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com