Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Results 1 to 20 of 573

    Hybrid View

    1. #1
      Join Date
      Jan 2011
      Location
      Boston, MA
      Posts
      1,180
      Country Flag: United States
      After adjusting the pinion angles and shimming the transmission, the transmission has been rattling against the tunnel. I decided to raise the tunnel a little for clearance. I bought a Goodmark tunnel patch panel.

      Pulled the interior:




      What a pain removing the sound deadener. This stuff was stuck on hard!


      Used a patch panel as a template to. Cut the top of the tunnel off and massaged the tunnel where needed.


      Patch panel mocked up. The back is at the original height, and the front is 5/8" higher than stock. I'll have a good 1/2" of clearance everywhere.


      Tacked it in place and started some stitch welding. My gap near the shifter was a little big, so I had to do a little fill:


      Originally I had pried this section open with 3 pie cuts, but the patches would have been more trouble than it was worth, so I cut the whole section out and made a new patch:

      Everything fit up well, all welded up:



      I was going to grind everything down smooth, but it's just going to get covered with more sound deadener, so I left the welds, just cleaned it with pre-paint and then hit it with a fresh coat of paint:


      And ere's the aluminum block I used to make the trans spacer 1.25"x1.5"x12"


      Cut it down to size and drilled out the bolt holes on my drill press:





    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com