Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Results 261 to 280 of 573

    Threaded View

    1. #11
      Join Date
      Jan 2011
      Location
      Boston, MA
      Posts
      1,180
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by srh3trinity View Post
      This thread has some great detail in it. Thanks for taking the extra time you took to document the build.
      No problem. I learned everything from reading other people's threads. Just passing it along.



      I'm on my final push ordering parts. The CC to a big hit this week. I just ordered all new sensors for the engine, along with a new alternator (don't ask what happened to the perfectly good one that I removed, tried to disasemble and took a 5lb BFH to...), gaskets, bolts, hoses, new Monster level 2 clutch, slave cylinder, speed bleeder, and probably some other goodies that will be a surprise when they arrive.

      Installed the new knock sensors and wiring harness in the valley cover. These engines seem to have an issue with water leaking in around the big black rubber grommets, and mine was no exception. This results in rusted out knock sensors. I layed down a bead of black RTV before installing the grommets to prevent this in the future:




      LS2 lifter trays, these hold the roller lifters in the right direction and are a nice upgrade from the LS1/LQ9 stuff. You can see the tops of the LS7 lifters that I upgraded to as well:




      OOOO, head gasket is on, you know what that means...




      ARP head bolts:






    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com