Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Results 201 to 220 of 573

    Threaded View

    1. #11
      Join Date
      Jan 2011
      Location
      Boston, MA
      Posts
      1,180
      Country Flag: United States
      I spoke with the eBay seller for the tranny this weekend and decided to take a partial refund on the clutch, rather than having him send me a low mile used one. I think I would definitely be pushing the limits of what a stock GTO clutch could handle, so I am looking at either an LS7 clutch setup or possibly a stage 2 from Monster/Spec/??? Either should be good for 450+rwhp.

      I ordered a new GTO starter for the LQ9 from someone on LS1tech. I have a GTO bellhousing and it turns out that the GTO starter is smaller in diameter than any other LS starter. So my choice was to get an F-body bellhousing or a GTO starter. I opted for the new starter.



      My new throttle body arrived a few days ago, and I just ordered my new intake and fuel rails. I'll post pics when I'm ready to unveil...

      Last thing is I just won an eBay auction for a nice set of 243 (LS2) heads. The heads flow a little better than the 317's that come on the LQ9, but they also have smaller combustion chambers.

      The LQ4 has a 9.5:1 compression ratio, the LQ9 has flat top pistons which bump it to 10.1:1 and with the 243's I'll be right at 11 or 11.1:1.





    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com