Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Results 1 to 7 of 7
    1. #1
      Join Date
      Dec 2011
      Location
      Michigan
      Posts
      17
      Country Flag: United States

      new from michigan with 63 "SVT" Mercury Meteor

      Hello everyone,

      My name is Eliot, even though I'm known mainly as svtmeteor. I'm a high school senior, and after high school if everything goes correctly I will be at the college for creative studies for automotive design. I own a 1963 Mercury Meteor (yes odd car I know), and I've had it for almost 6 years now. It started as a inline 6 car, basic options, nothing special, but now its probably the best known Mercury Meteor in the world. It is the First and Only (currently) Mercury Meteor to have a complete 2003 SVT Cobra IRS (my dad and I made the mounts), and then we went further then that! After the IRS we installed a 2003 SVT Cobra Hydroboost unit, and then things just went insane. Next thing I know were outside taking the front suspension off, nothing the shock towers, then installing a strut front end (fatman kit) with tubular control arms, coil overs, rack and pinion steering, sn95 spindles (modded), and then we got serious with svt cobra brakes up front with the anniversary calipers! The brakes barely clear my 17s on the car, and its just a few mm of clearance! Its got a small block 302 in it (1993 302), its pretty stock (intake, headers for the moment), and a aod transmission. Its not fast in a straight line right now (mid 15s at around 90mph, but its the most consistant street car I have ever seen. I ran the same time 3 times out of 7 passes I made at the last high school nats in the car, and my diff from fastest to slowest was within 0.05 of a second). Plans are to go with a more agressive intake, cam (got it already), 3500 stall converter, and at the bare minimum a t3/t4 turbo (ive got everything for that minus headers, electronics, and carb). My end goal is to go mid 11s to high 10s on a 7.5in slick. Anyway thats just about all the major things about the car, its driven daily when its not snowing here in Michigan, and its in primer on the body so i dont have to worry about dings/dents at school (the kids are nuts here with parking lot driving). Anyway heres a few pictures of the car! If you want to see more pics of it, just ask me, ive got a ton of pics from the build up to now of the car!

      http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot..._4275850_n.jpg -Before we got it

      http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot..._4032932_n.jpg -with t-bolt hood (will be back on next year)

      http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/14544_206939298818_576088818_2970430_6898872_n.jpg
      -at the ford dearborn test track

      http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot..._1410792_n.jpg

      http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot..._5469103_n.jpg

      http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot..._1085406_n.jpg

      http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot...33_10952_n.jpg

      http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot...26848994_n.jpg -at the high school nats

      http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot...22271386_n.jpg -with my dads 03 marauder that I race as well (12.31 at 111.6mph)

      http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot...12942860_n.jpg -high school nats again (milan dragway)

      http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot..._7637463_n.jpg and to end this, heres a build picture of the car (yes thats how we made the irs mounts).

    2. #2
      Join Date
      Apr 2011
      Location
      BC, Canada
      Posts
      84
      Country Flag: Canada
      bout time you joined! car looks wicked.

    3. #3
      Join Date
      Feb 2011
      Location
      Conneaut Ohio
      Posts
      14
      Country Flag: United States
      Bad Ass 63! Glad to see more Mercs on here

    4. #4
      Join Date
      Dec 2011
      Location
      Jerome, MI
      Posts
      16
      Country Flag: United States
      Nice Merc!

    5. #5
      Join Date
      Mar 2009
      Location
      overseas
      Posts
      3,434
      Country Flag: United States
      welcome aboard Eliot!
      Kevin S. (overseas in Germany)
      1963 Chevrolet Impala 2d ht Coupe

      www.CruznArt.com
      CRUZN - Automotive Artworks

    6. #6
      Join Date
      Mar 2004
      Location
      Mid-Michigan
      Posts
      2,764
      Country Flag: United States
      Nice Merc. Glad to sse another Michigander AND some young blood picking up the baton.
      It sounds like we need to start a Michigan chapter of P-T.com
      Mark
      Mark:
      "Bad Ast" Astro Van. Just because I did it... Doesn't mean it's possible...
      This my Bad Ast thread...
      https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...roject-Faze-II
      This is my Fotki album...
      http://astroracer.fotki.com/

    7. #7
      Join Date
      Dec 2011
      Location
      Glendale, AZ
      Posts
      3
      Country Flag: United States
      Eliot, I love it! I built a 63 Fairlane Sports Coupe in high school and drove it for 8 years. As you probably know, it's the same car under the sheet metal.






    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com