Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Results 1 to 3 of 3

    Threaded View

    1. #1
      Join Date
      Jul 2012
      Location
      Houston, TX
      Posts
      13
      Country Flag: United States

      New from Houston - building a TA series bird

      OK, so first post—

      After a recent day of replacing the master/booster/lines/calipers/cylinders in the hot Texas sun on my $1 ’73 Esprit, I figured out what to do with it.

      It cost me a buck because of the sentimental value the second owner had for the car—he bought it upon his return from Viet Nam. Plus, I had been inquiring about the 21-year hibernating car for some time; he might have also caved from the pressure. Before you get too envious, I might have paid too much.

      Goal is a very correct Trans Am Series replica. Go vintage when possible. The fact that it is a Pontiac will make it noteworthy. The fact that it is a second gen will make it more unusual.

      Unusual will make it more mine. Also have a stock ’55 Del Ray Chevy, ’70 Lotus Europa and ’92 Spec Miata.

      Maybe it will be a comb of what I love—American Iron and can go around a corner.

      Perhaps it is the pure challenge. I should have listened to by buddy who described it as a “beat down.”

      Or, I just needed another project (like a hole in the head) to get me in the safety of the garage. There a man and a dog can be free from the estrogen sphere a wife and three daughters omit.

      In any case, look for my questions. Your help and experience will be appreciated.

      Live dangerous—post your contact info!

      Mike
      [email protected]
      713-203-2483




    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com