Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Results 1 to 8 of 8
    1. #1
      Join Date
      Dec 2011
      Location
      Calgary
      Posts
      96
      Country Flag: Canada

      New Canadian Member with a 71 Monte Carlo

      How's it going?
      Just writing a quick hello in the spirit of new blood coming in and using the resources the group here has compiled.
      I've been away from cars for a number of years and mainly riding sport bikes.
      I just picked up a 71 MC so that my family can enjoy some time together rather than me blasting off alone on the bike.

      I've drag raced,crewed,land speed raced,etc for a number of years and the MC is not going to be a slouch in the hp dept.....it's getting this barge to turn and stop that's going to be my learning curve. (can I deploy a chute on the street?)
      So I promise to search out my question before asking, but I promise I'll have to day one nOOb questions to ask.

      Warren



    2. #2
      Join Date
      Mar 2009
      Location
      overseas
      Posts
      3,434
      Country Flag: United States
      welcome aboard Warren! Chevy Monte Carlo FTW!
      Kevin S. (overseas in Germany)
      1963 Chevrolet Impala 2d ht Coupe

      www.CruznArt.com
      CRUZN - Automotive Artworks

    3. #3
      Join Date
      Dec 2011
      Location
      Calgary
      Posts
      96
      Country Flag: Canada
      Thanks!

      yep, I've wanted a gen one forerver and out of the blue found one locally with 1 owner...at least all the mistakes on this build will be my own. lol

    4. #4
      Join Date
      Feb 2010
      Posts
      176
      Welcome. Nice to see another first gen Monte here.
      Nick
      '72 Monte Carlo
      Build Thread

    5. #5
      Join Date
      Jan 2011
      Location
      CENTEX
      Posts
      67
      Country Flag: United States
      Another Monte Guy!! Welcome. Please take your cold weather back home with you. San Antonio,TX isnt supposed to see the low 30s....
      J. Will.
      70 Chevelle Malibu, 69 Cutlass S convertible, 71 Monte Carlo, 16 Chevy SS (yes, that one)

    6. #6
      Join Date
      Dec 2011
      Location
      Calgary
      Posts
      96
      Country Flag: Canada
      Quote Originally Posted by quarterbooty View Post
      Welcome. Nice to see another first gen Monte here.
      I've read what I could about your Monte....I think I'll have some questions for you shortly.

      as for the weather...if I get to deal with -27.....you get to deal with "nearly" freexzing, sorry, it's in the rule book.
      :D

    7. #7
      Join Date
      Feb 2010
      Posts
      176
      Quote Originally Posted by looter View Post
      I've read what I could about your Monte....I think I'll have some questions for you shortly.
      No problem. I'd be happy to help if I can.
      Nick
      '72 Monte Carlo
      Build Thread

    8. #8
      Join Date
      Aug 2004
      Location
      Los Angeles
      Posts
      592
      Country Flag: United States
      Looter, Welcome to the fray. The Monte will be as fun as the TL, Moreso with your beautiful wife and kids in the back seat screaming "Faster Daddy Faster" over the rumble of the Magnaflows!




    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com