Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast
    Results 121 to 140 of 308
    1. #121
      Join Date
      Apr 2008
      Location
      Lakeland, FL
      Posts
      516
      Country Flag: United States
      I still have a couple weeks of school left before i can head home, but my dad got the roof and roll cage painted, and the floor seam sealed today:

      Tim
      71' Demon-408, efi, 'viper spec' T56, Dana 60 w/ triangulated 4 link

    2. #122
      Join Date
      Mar 2008
      Location
      Brisbane Australia
      Posts
      410
      Country Flag: Australia
      Lookin great man
      Hot rodder's recycle, wheres those prius' going when the tree huggers have a new fad.

    3. #123
      Join Date
      Apr 2008
      Location
      Lakeland, FL
      Posts
      516
      Country Flag: United States
      Thanks linkstar69, hopefully now were at the turning point where things will start to come together a lot faster.
      My dad sent me these pictures of the interior painted. Im still going to Herculine the floors since its a lot more durable and will stand up to getting in and out of the car, but its basically the same color grey.




      I have one more week until spring break, almost all the new parts are ready to be put on. If were lucky we could get the drivetrain swapped over in one full day unless cleaning the parts/ installing new motor mounts, headers...takes longer than expected.
      Tim
      71' Demon-408, efi, 'viper spec' T56, Dana 60 w/ triangulated 4 link

    4. #124
      Join Date
      Apr 2008
      Location
      Lakeland, FL
      Posts
      516
      Country Flag: United States
      Well the week is finally here! Last night i welded up a solid motor mount so i dont have to worry about tearing the stock style one on the drivers side again. I also got the Herculiner sprayed on the floor and trunk. I got a bit too thick on some spots on the floor, and a bit too thin in the trunk, but overall i think it looks good and am happy with it (sorry for the crappy cell phone pics)

      Hopefully today my dad and i can put the demon on a cradle, put the duster on the lift, and take the engine, trans, and diff off of it.
      Tim
      71' Demon-408, efi, 'viper spec' T56, Dana 60 w/ triangulated 4 link

    5. #125
      Join Date
      Apr 2008
      Location
      Lakeland, FL
      Posts
      516
      Country Flag: United States
      Not much to say, but ive got a lot of pictures.
      Took all the masking tape off, the interiors done, the body just needs a bit of sanding and some green:



      We had an engine/trans cradle that my dad had built for the roadrunner that worked very well here too:


      In redneck fashion we used an engine stand and engine lift to roll the duster out after the suspension was gone before the demon was off of the dolly (I was being lazy and had voted for the more redneck approach of dragging it out with my truck).

      Ill probably go back out tonight and start cleaning the grease off of everything, prep the engine to potentially be repainted
      Tim
      71' Demon-408, efi, 'viper spec' T56, Dana 60 w/ triangulated 4 link

    6. #126
      Join Date
      Aug 2007
      Location
      Albemarle, NC
      Posts
      1,167
      Country Flag: United States
      good looking progress.
      i swear, everytime i see the duster, it looks like it was harder hit than the last time.

      that you in the last picture?

      michael
      Michael Crawford

      1970 plymouth Duster back under construction:
      https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...uring-makeover

      1987 GMC S15 https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ct-drivabeater

    7. #127
      Join Date
      Jun 2011
      Location
      marion illinois
      Posts
      46
      Country Flag: United States
      Looking at that duster just sends chills up my spine. The work on the demon is looking good though.

    8. #128
      Join Date
      Jan 2012
      Location
      Tampa
      Posts
      3
      Country Flag: United States
      yeah that's him in the picture. you know if I had been there tim I would have sided with you on the truck idea lol I figured after all this time following the pics on here even though we talk about the progress on the way to class that I would finally post something. I think I'm going to start a thread on the chevelle finally since this viper t56 is probably going to be its first step towards a more pro touring setup ;-) I wish I wasn't going out of town for those 3 days so I could come down and pitch in. And don't worry in your absence my cousin came down today lol and hes back logged on work he owes me, so tomorrow I have a helper lol

      p.s. get this thing done by sunday! lol

    9. #129
      Join Date
      Apr 2008
      Location
      Lakeland, FL
      Posts
      516
      Country Flag: United States
      Thanks guys, its on the faster half of the build for sure.

      Yeah michael, thats me in the pic, my dad likes to take candid pictures to make me look (more) dumb and clueless. I remembered to take the measurements of the tubing i used for the crossmember, subframe connectors, and fuel cell...but i left the notepad at the shop, so tomorrow ill have them up for you and anyone else interested.

      Haha thanks Nic, its about time you got an account here..im glad you have someone else to take my 'supervisor' position while im gone haha..I think its a good time to start a thread with all that you have planned for it. If i can get the engine painted fast enough we could get the engine/trans in by late tomorrow, but we'll see how that and installing my new solid motor mount goes.
      Tim
      71' Demon-408, efi, 'viper spec' T56, Dana 60 w/ triangulated 4 link

    10. #130
      Join Date
      Apr 2008
      Location
      Lakeland, FL
      Posts
      516
      Country Flag: United States
      Well im finally home having spent a total of 10hrs at the shop. Compared to yesterdays progress not much got done, but a lot of tedious degreasing, taping, and painting got done. I also put the solid motor mount on and welded the o2 bung into the new header. My dad took all of the wiring out of the duster while i was painting.
      This is what an entire cars worth of wiring looks like in one place. Very few wires had to be cut, it should be as simple as installing the dash and unrolling all the wires to where they belong.



      The diff was all scratched up from the shocks, u-bolts..etc so i ground all of the paint off and repainted it. I rattle canned the engine chrysler red. nothings as pretty as the first time we installed it in the duster, but for 3 years/ 25,000 miles most of the stuff can still polish to a bit of a shine.




      The motor mount will be here tomorrow morning, Im hoping to install it, then the headers, and lower the body down onto it.

      Michael, and whoever else interested in the tubing dimensions...i thought the measurements were a bit farther from whole numbers, but they arent...: the subframe connectors are 3"x2", crossmember is 2"x1", and the fuel cell frame is 1"x1". All of them are .120" wall.
      Tim
      71' Demon-408, efi, 'viper spec' T56, Dana 60 w/ triangulated 4 link

    11. #131
      Join Date
      Aug 2007
      Location
      Albemarle, NC
      Posts
      1,167
      Country Flag: United States
      thanks fteh the measurements. do you happen to know the thickness?
      Michael Crawford

      1970 plymouth Duster back under construction:
      https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...uring-makeover

      1987 GMC S15 https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ct-drivabeater

    12. #132
      Join Date
      Sep 2009
      Posts
      2,995
      Country Flag: United States
      Looking good. It will be a good feeling lowering the body down on the engine!


      1955 Nomad project LC9, 4L80e, C5 brakes, Vision wheels
      1968 Camaro 6.2 w/ LSA, TR6060-Magnum hybrid and etc SOLD
      1976 T/A LS1 6 Speed, and etc. SOLD
      Follow me on Instagram: ryeguy2006a

    13. #133
      Join Date
      Apr 2008
      Location
      Lakeland, FL
      Posts
      516
      Country Flag: United States
      Thanks! It was a great feeling when all the bolts were tight to the k-member...I only had to 'clearance' (beat the crap out of) the transmission tunnel at the reverse lock out solonoid to get there.
      I didnt get as much done as i was hoping, but its not bad given that i started working on the demon at 7:00pm, and i was all alone. The motor mount didnt come in until 3:00, so i couldnt do anything until i had that...I couldve made the demon a roller tonight if i wanted to stay out there and watch paint dry on the rear spring mounts instead of sleep, but tomorrows another day-it will be on all four wheels before dinner!



      Tim
      71' Demon-408, efi, 'viper spec' T56, Dana 60 w/ triangulated 4 link

    14. #134
      Join Date
      Apr 2008
      Location
      Lakeland, FL
      Posts
      516
      Country Flag: United States
      A little update today: heres that the rear end looks like in the car now that the leaf spring mounts are dry. Its technically a roller now, but im leaving it on the lift to get the transmission mount built:

      Tim
      71' Demon-408, efi, 'viper spec' T56, Dana 60 w/ triangulated 4 link

    15. #135
      Join Date
      Apr 2008
      Location
      Lakeland, FL
      Posts
      516
      Country Flag: United States
      Bit more work for the day: I basically remade the transmission mount from scratch, mounted the brake/clutch pedals, my dad helped me put the dash into the demon, and I started wiring the demon up.

      the rear section of wiring is in place, i need to straighten the front section out, and start putting the fuel injection wires into place too.

      Bit of an oversight that needed correcting ( i just boxed it in since its covered by the seat bolster and wont be seen):

      Tim
      71' Demon-408, efi, 'viper spec' T56, Dana 60 w/ triangulated 4 link

    16. #136
      Join Date
      Sep 2009
      Posts
      2,995
      Country Flag: United States
      Looking good man. I look forward to seeing more pictures of your MS setup. Take as many pictures as you want, I know that I will appreciate seeing them.


      1955 Nomad project LC9, 4L80e, C5 brakes, Vision wheels
      1968 Camaro 6.2 w/ LSA, TR6060-Magnum hybrid and etc SOLD
      1976 T/A LS1 6 Speed, and etc. SOLD
      Follow me on Instagram: ryeguy2006a

    17. #137
      Join Date
      Apr 2008
      Location
      Lakeland, FL
      Posts
      516
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by ryeguy2006a View Post
      Looking good man. I look forward to seeing more pictures of your MS setup. Take as many pictures as you want, I know that I will appreciate seeing them.
      Thanks, i know im pretty 'picute happy', so that shouldnt eb hard to do haha...I have probably half an hour of normal wiring tomorrow, then ill be running some MS stuff. The hardest part to me will be making the injector loom, but everything else is labeled and is (almost) plug and play.
      Tim
      71' Demon-408, efi, 'viper spec' T56, Dana 60 w/ triangulated 4 link

    18. #138
      Join Date
      Apr 2008
      Location
      Lakeland, FL
      Posts
      516
      Country Flag: United States
      Not a lot to show, but stuff is quickly getting knocked off the list...The plan was to get the original wiring connected, then work on the fuel system, finally work on the MSII's wiring.
      Ive got most of the original wiring back in its place, just need to put in and connect the steering column. Now, im starting to route the hard fuel lines, but theres not much to show there yet either (more planning and trial and error than work got done).



      Heres the MSII wiring i started with my bus bar for +12v sources, fuse from the alternator, relay board for the MS, and WBo2:

      more later as usual, thanks for looking
      Tim
      71' Demon-408, efi, 'viper spec' T56, Dana 60 w/ triangulated 4 link


    19. #139
      Join Date
      Apr 2008
      Location
      Lakeland, FL
      Posts
      516
      Country Flag: United States
      Hey guys, this was my last full day to work on the demon. I got as much done as i could with the fuel lines, when i reached the crossmember i couldnt fit the hard lines anywhere, so i was forces to start the braided further back than i had planned. Because of this change i ran out of AN fittings with the job mostly done.


      The ghosts of projects past and future...the dusters stripped out, almost ready to go to the scrap yard; the kaisers waiting its turn to be built:
      Tim
      71' Demon-408, efi, 'viper spec' T56, Dana 60 w/ triangulated 4 link

    20. #140
      Join Date
      Apr 2009
      Location
      LI,NY
      Posts
      304
      Country Flag: United States
      I just went through this whole thread! Damn bro!! Glad you weren't severly hurt. As what those two other guys said, I thought that was a pinto at first glance...LOL! Your work ethic so far is outstanding! Your father is not too bad himself! Keep up the phenomenal work, and keep us posted!

      65 Vista Cruiser
      67 Delta 88 Vert
      70 Vista Cruiser Pro-Tour Project
      96 T-Bird
      69 BSA A65L
      48 Ford F5
      https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...o-Tour-Project

    Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast



    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com