Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Results 1 to 4 of 4
    1. #1
      Join Date
      May 2011
      Location
      central Pa, USA
      Posts
      189
      Country Flag: United States

      Miller Synchrowave 200 first use wont weld?

      So last night I finally got around to hooking up my synchrowave 200 that I've had sitting in my garage waiting to unwrap for a couple months. I hooked up the gas, the 220, plugged in the pedal, the torch, and the ground, clamped the ground to a piece of angle iron, set the lever to dc tig, flipped the on switch, set the amps to 170 went to weld and nothing? wtf? I get no gas flow unless I hit the purge and I hear no fan and cant even get and arc between the torch and the ground clamp, what did I miss?



      thanks all, hopefully this is some stupid error on my part not being familiar with this machine
      Tom

      trailers are for boats and broke stuff.


    2. #2
      Join Date
      Apr 2010
      Location
      White Rock, SC
      Posts
      50
      Is your foot remote plugged in correctly and threaded on tightly? The foot remote is what triggers the preflow of Argon and energizes the torch. Other than that, is there a circuit breaker on the back? (I'm at work so I cannot look at mine right now but mine has always worked good). Good Luck

      Also - why don't you try the stick welder to see if you can isolate the problem. I belive that the button on top (above the handle for stick/tig positive and negative) defaults to Tig so you would have to push it to weld with a stick.
      Last edited by ssealeycpa; 10-24-2011 at 09:51 AM. Reason: additional info
      Steve
      1967 LS1 RS Camaro (Project "OVRBDGT");
      1968 350 Camaro;
      1969 Chevelle SS-396

    3. #3
      Join Date
      May 2011
      Location
      central Pa, USA
      Posts
      189
      Country Flag: United States
      Thanks for the help Steve, I got to thinking about it that it could only be the petal after you mentioned it so I went home and checked and I had gotten in on clocked somehow, fixed that and all in now right with the world, thanks
      Tom

      trailers are for boats and broke stuff.

    4. #4
      Join Date
      Sep 2005
      Location
      Woodstock, Ga
      Posts
      695
      Country Flag: United States
      Cool, glad you got it working.

      Just so you know, the fan will rarely comes on. I beleive it has a temp sensor. You really have to be pushing the machine. I find it to be an accomplishment when it comes on lol.

      Robert




    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com