Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Results 1 to 4 of 4

    Hybrid View

    1. #1
      Join Date
      May 2011
      Location
      clayton nc
      Posts
      48
      Country Flag: United States

      What stall speed should I use.

      I just had my 455 pontiac built, power is around 525hp, 600flbs. My question is what is a good stall speed to have, I plan on going with a 4l85e.



    2. #2
      Join Date
      Jan 2003
      Location
      Arizona
      Posts
      5,394
      Country Flag: United States
      What final drive ratio? It's a Trans Am, I assume...

      Say it's a 3.73 gear with about a 25.5 or 26" tall tire intended for pro touring use, we would supply a 10" diameter 2800 stall with a heavy duty lock up clutch to take advantage of the 85's electronic tuning capability.
      /Steevo
      ________________
      Steve Chryssos

    3. #3
      Join Date
      May 2011
      Location
      clayton nc
      Posts
      48
      Country Flag: United States
      Hey Steve, do you sell the 85e? if you do can you give me some info on it or recommend someone that builds them. oh my stock gear is a 3.08, I may stay with that not sure yet, and i'm currently running ralley2's on bfg's but will probly switch to yearone billet snowflakes.

    4. #4
      Join Date
      Jan 2003
      Location
      Arizona
      Posts
      5,394
      Country Flag: United States
      Best to have those decisions sorted before getting your converter. I think you'll be disappointed with the 3.08's in conjunction with the 85. What are your cam specs?
      ________________
      Steve Chryssos




    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com