Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Results 1 to 12 of 12
    1. #1
      Join Date
      Feb 2008
      Location
      Los Angeles, SFV, CA
      Posts
      51
      Country Flag: United States

      New Guy from the San Fernando Valley, Los Angeles - 67 Plain Jane Camaro

      Hey I just wanted to introduce myself and my project. I am Frank from the San Fernando Valley in Los Angeles. I have a 1967 Camaro (Plain Jane) with an L88 BB. The car is needing a frame off so I have my work cut out for me.

      I plan to do as much of the work myself but there are many things I am looking to have done professionally. I am actively looking for fabricators in the SFV and/or Los Angeles area.

      Here is where the project stands, so far. Since these pictures were taken the project has moved about two inches to the right.
      http://frankiebowen.com/coppermine/t...ls.php?album=4
      For a while the car was a utility rack and storage shelf. a garage sale later and many trips to charity fixed that.

      Anyway, so far I have spent a fair amount of time planning the project. I used to want a 600Hp+ LS engine but am now planning on refurbishing the existing L88 and converting the transmission from a TH400 to a 5 speed, tub the rear and a new clip for the front. After that most of my time will be removing the dings, dent and rust for paint.

      I have trolled these forums for the last 3 or so years, never really posted but have read and followed several projects. You guys all rock and there is a whole lot of work to be proud of.



      The things I am amazed at are the number of parts I made when I was younger that are now available in shrink wrap and gone are the days of having to cruise junk yards with a 50 pound tool box.

      I am still mixed as to the theme of my project. The car has been plain Jane since I got her oh so long ago. It was all about being underestimated and it served a functional purpose (mainly racing on the street) but now I would like something different. Even though it spent days on the track back then, the car was always in street form. My philosophy was that I could not get out on the freeway to advance the timing so it always had to be prepped and ready to run. Which also goes with the put up or shut driver attitude.

      Anyway, just be aware I will be trolling around and at some time or another picking your brains as this project progresses.
      Last edited by zzfranczz; 10-02-2011 at 10:14 AM. Reason: spelling


    2. #2
      Join Date
      Mar 2009
      Location
      overseas
      Posts
      3,434
      Country Flag: United States
      welcome aboard!
      Kevin S. (overseas in Germany)
      1963 Chevrolet Impala 2d ht Coupe

      www.CruznArt.com
      CRUZN - Automotive Artworks

    3. #3
      Join Date
      Dec 2009
      Posts
      1,607
      Country Flag: United States
      Hiya Frank! Sherman Oaks here. Seeya around sometime...
      Ron in SoCal
      69 Camaro in progress
      http://www.lateral-g.net/forums/showthread.php4?t=31246

      Used to be known as flash911

    4. #4
      Join Date
      Jul 2011
      Location
      SFV In So Cal
      Posts
      132
      Country Flag: United States
      Howdy Tarzana here

    5. #5
      Join Date
      Feb 2008
      Location
      Los Angeles, SFV, CA
      Posts
      51
      Country Flag: United States
      Hey Hey Kev, nice Monte.

      Hey Ron, Intocarss, I am smack in between you guys, I am here in Lake Balboa. Probably passed you guys at least three times by now just never knew it. Hey Ron I have been reading your build log and your ride is coming out real nice. I can not wait to see it on the BLVD.

    6. #6
      Join Date
      Dec 2009
      Posts
      1,607
      Country Flag: United States
      ^ Thx Bro! See you around for sure!
      Ron in SoCal
      69 Camaro in progress
      http://www.lateral-g.net/forums/showthread.php4?t=31246

      Used to be known as flash911

    7. #7
      Join Date
      Aug 2011
      Location
      Michigan
      Posts
      90
      Welcome!

    8. #8
      Join Date
      Oct 2011
      Location
      Lost
      Posts
      574
      Country Flag: United States
      Welcome...
      Attached Images Attached Images  

    9. #9
      Join Date
      Feb 2008
      Location
      Los Angeles, SFV, CA
      Posts
      51
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by ajg87 View Post
      Welcome!
      Thank you

      Quote Originally Posted by solarguy09 View Post
      Welcome...
      Hey Solar guy. Was checking out your thread and ride last night. You have some good stuff going on there. I think you have some alum parts for sale. Some nice stuff.

    10. #10
      Join Date
      Dec 2010
      Posts
      3
      welcome fellow socal 67 camaro owner

    11. #11
      Join Date
      Oct 2011
      Location
      Lost
      Posts
      574
      Country Flag: United States
      zzfrancszz....

      Thank you. I am a newbie to the site. Owned Hot rods since 1976.

      An L-88 is a rare engine. Whatever you decide to do will be cool no matter what...Protouring, Road Racing, it will be a blast no matter what...You will have Gobs of Rat power....

    12. #12
      Join Date
      Feb 2008
      Location
      Los Angeles, SFV, CA
      Posts
      51
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by chevysany1? View Post
      welcome fellow socal 67 camaro owner
      I am glad to see a few of us around. Everyone I talk to all desire '69's. I see what they are talking about but I have always enjoyed the 67's.

      Quote Originally Posted by solarguy09 View Post
      zzfrancszz....

      Thank you. I am a newbie to the site. Owned Hot rods since 1976.

      An L-88 is a rare engine. Whatever you decide to do will be cool no matter what...Protouring, Road Racing, it will be a blast no matter what...You will have Gobs of Rat power....
      Yeah I was thinking LS# or LSX but I started to think about what and how much power the L88 gives. Maybe Protouring old school style will be the theme. Plus it saves some money up front.




    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com