Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Results 1 to 17 of 17
    1. #1
      Join Date
      May 2011
      Location
      Arizona
      Posts
      13

      New Guy - Camaro Crazy in AZ

      Hi everyone I'm new up here and have a 79z28 I Call NV to share.
      I am the second owner and purchased it after selling my 1971 Firebird in the summer 1985. I wanted something newer with AC and all the options including T-Tops. I have fixed, replaced or rebuilt everything on this car and it was my daily driver that took me to work each day and brought home 3 of my kids after they were born from the hospital. I started my total transformation of NV in Jan of 2009. This was just 3 month before taking delivery of my new 2010 Camaro. Every nut and bolt was removed for this frame off restoration. All metal parts were media blasted and either repainted or powder coated. The front and rear suspension was not just upgraded but totally replaced with the latest and best available DSE aftermarket parts I could find. I selected Detroit Speed Engineering components for a lot of the build after seeing their 2nd Gen Camaro perform and handle so well. The engine is a 650HP GM naturally aspirated LS7 custom built by Mast Motor sports. The transmission is a heavy duty GM 4L85E electronic automatic 4 speed with overdrive. The rear end is a 9” Mosier posi 3:73 monster. Wide Nitto Invo tires are wrapped around the Chrome Foose Nitrous II wheels. Bear Pro plus 6 piston 14” disk brakes front and rear help the Hydro boast deluxe brake system to stop the car on a dime. The seats are out of a 2006 GTO and the interior is all wrapped in custom black leather with red stitching. The custom dash holds all new red speedhut 6 gauges that have a 79 z28 logo to complement the Z28 embroidery theme on the seats.

      The build took more than two years and it's currently in the final stage of tuning and working out the bugs.


      Here are a couple of pics and a movie showing the build.
      Name:  th_Camaros_Feb2011_062.jpg
Views: 1829
Size:  3.9 KBName:  th_Camaros_Feb2011_010.jpg
Views: 1503
Size:  3.8 KB

      Movie:
      www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVi7pzMxsJ0
      [u2b]yVi7pzMxsJ0[/u2b]




    2. #2
      Join Date
      Dec 2008
      Location
      Lehigh Valley Pa
      Posts
      1,269
      Great looking car. Welcome to the forum.
      1996 Federal Cadillac hearse
      1988 Eureka Chevy hearse

    3. #3
      Join Date
      May 2002
      Location
      Northern California
      Posts
      10,716
      Country Flag: United States
      nice car Cyruss....can I get a larger version of this picture please?

      MrQuick ΜΟΛ'ΩΝ ΛΑΒ'Ε


    4. #4
      Join Date
      Jul 2006
      Location
      Phoenix
      Posts
      467
      Welcome, from a fellow dry heat sufferer! More pics, I love that year Z.
      Erik

      https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...without-a-name

      Camaro LS2, T56, 12 bolt, C6 Z06 brakes, Rushforth Super Spokes, ATS Spindles
      2006 Chevy Trailblazer SS

    5. #5
      Join Date
      Jan 2011
      Location
      fort worth,texas
      Posts
      96
      welcome aboard
      1962 Impala vert

    6. #6
      Join Date
      May 2011
      Location
      Arizona
      Posts
      13

    7. #7
      Join Date
      Mar 2008
      Location
      Ramona, Ca. San Diego area
      Posts
      1,307
      Country Flag: United States
      wow, nice build. Lots of cool parts.
      67 Camaro convertible (Jinx)

    8. #8
      Join Date
      Oct 2010
      Location
      Power on, full opposite lock
      Posts
      18
      Country Flag: United States
      Welcome Cyrus!
      Good seeing you at the Pavillions... the car sounds awesome!
      Casey Aldridge | Peoria, AZ
      02 Camaro B4C | CP |

    9. #9
      Join Date
      Aug 2011
      Location
      Michigan
      Posts
      90
      Wow...What I would do for that powerplant!

    10. #10
      Join Date
      Sep 2011
      Location
      Macomb, Mich.
      Posts
      229
      Country Flag: United States
      Sweet ride!

    11. #11
      Join Date
      May 2011
      Location
      Arizona
      Posts
      13
      Thanks everyone - Casey always a pleasure talking with you glad we could catch up a bit

    12. #12
      Join Date
      Jun 2006
      Location
      Phoenix
      Posts
      89
      Country Flag: United States
      Thats funny as I was at the Pavillions on 09-30 and took quite a few pics of this Camaro.. Nicely done.. I had a 78 Z28 back in the day.. Roger










      1995 Caprice 6.0 LQ4,L92,L76 Leading Edge Performance Tuned
      http://www.cardomain.com/ride/456803...caprice/page-1

    13. #13
      Join Date
      May 2011
      Location
      Arizona
      Posts
      13
      Hi Roger - yep that's my baby..... noice pics thanks for posting them --- Cyrus

    14. #14
      Join Date
      Oct 2008
      Location
      Mesa, AZ
      Posts
      103
      welcome, nice ride
      chaz selby

    15. #15
      Join Date
      Feb 2006
      Location
      Idaho Falls, Id
      Posts
      1,341
      Dang, that is a nice late 2nd gen! I love the GTO seats
      Traven

    16. #16
      Join Date
      May 2011
      Location
      Arizona
      Posts
      13
      Quote Originally Posted by T_Raven View Post
      Dang, that is a nice late 2nd gen! I love the GTO seats
      Thanks - I had to lower the floor a bit for th motors but everything works - power seats are nice and the lever to swing the seat forward works perfect for this application.

    17. #17
      Join Date
      Oct 2011
      Location
      Lost
      Posts
      574
      Country Flag: United States
      Beautiful Car..nice job...




    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com