Results 1 to 4 of 4
Thread: 4l65 crossmember first gen
Threaded View
-
10-24-2011 #3
Jay, you should post that file up here as someone will no doubt be looking for that info later on.
I ended up having an extension added to the frame mounting tabs. Then I found out that even when it was far enough back the engine was hitting the firewall so I had to buy new plates anyway. A smoothed firewall would have worked and looked better but ah well. So I get the new plates and the trans mounting pad is still off center but, four new slots in the tabs and maybe I'll be able to make it work. I still don't buy CPPs story. It may be true but every factory piece I have ever seen has the pad centered.
Should have gone with an adjustable crossmember to begin with but I just didn't find anything that looked strong while still offering clearance that would work with the new 4l60s. I know there are some out there but they looked weak and like a hassel. I guess I should have made my own from a th400 crossmember. I still don't buy CPPs story. It may be true but every factory piece I have ever seen has the pad centered.
____________________________________________
Scott





Reply With Quote



