Results 1 to 5 of 5
-
06-03-2011 #1
Registered User
- Join Date
- Oct 2009
- Posts
- 3
Been a member since '09... I guess its about time I post something...
Hi, I'm Richard. Been a member awhile and like to browse the forums. Just now really getting m project rolling.
Its a '67 Mustang Coupe. 289 with a 3/spd auto. Yeah, a real powerhouse.
Plans include a nice '94-'04 Cobra brake package, at least a 303 pushing approx 350 RWHP, 5speed overdrive transmission, 18" FR500's, nice clean interior, working AC...should be a good start.
Ive already secured the kit that will allow me to mount my brakes, but I am looking for a good source for the calipers/rotors/etc...
Here is a pic of how the car looks now:
-
06-03-2011 #2
Registered User
- Join Date
- Oct 2009
- Posts
- 3
Here is an edited photo with the FR500's I want to install on there...18x10's on the rear, 18x8's up front (fronts will have to be narrowed a bit)...
-
06-03-2011 #3
Registered User
- Join Date
- Dec 2010
- Posts
- 708
It looks like you've got an excellent builder to start with! Before doing anything that creates more stress on the frame (including the motor), I'd firm up the chassis. I've destroyed many a windshield gasket (and windshield) on old Mustangs like yours by not addressing these things at the right time. I'd look up sn65 (dot com) for some killer frame strengthening ideas...
It's an awesome feeling getting rid of the C4 in that car, especially relative to the dead weight you'll save by putting in a 5-speed. While a hydraulic clutch sounds neat, I highly recommend checking out Mustang Steve, if you haven't already done so. He's got some great cable/pedal set-ups that add a very modern feeling to the clutch (they're also quite heavy-duty); his pedal set-up is killer.
06-03-2011 #4
Registered User
- Join Date
- Oct 2009
- Posts
- 3
Thanks for the info. Mustangsteve is where I got the hardware for the cobra brake install...so I will definitely have to check out his clutch hardware.

One thing pointed out to me when buying the car was that there were some stress cracks where the sail panel comes down to meet the right rear quarter panel - so I agree that some strengthening is in order.
06-04-2011 #5



Reply With Quote