Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Results 1 to 7 of 7
    1. #1
      Join Date
      May 2011
      Location
      Spokane, Washington
      Posts
      125

      Newb 1965 Impala SS

      Hi Guys... I have been lurking on this site for a while, and belong to quite a few others, but wanted to share here (mostly learn and admire though).
      I bought my 65' impala when I was 16, and have had it ever since, It was my daily driver through high school and college. I have done little things to it, but have really been active the last year or so. I had the numbers matching 327 completely redone, as well as the 461 camel hump heads, and powerglide tranny. I put a mild cam in it too. I also, just added 13" front disc brakes and dropped spindles, and 2" rear lowering springs (might cut a 1/2 or coil out of these too), to get a nice stance. I am running 18" wheels up front and 20" wheels out back. Put a new dual master cylinder, power booster and all new brake lines on it as well. Also, aluminum radiator, blue dot tail lights, dual antennas, and a nice remote keyless entry setup. I have literally done everything myself (in my little one car garage) and learned quite a bit in the process. My next upgrades will probably be steering and suspension. I am thinking about doing a quick ratio steering box, all new front end components with poly, new front and rear sway bars, and rear upper and lower control arms (my car has a 12 bolt rear 3.07 gears, and two upper and two lower control arms).
      I look forward to continuing this project and getting inspiration and ideas from you all!
      Thanks
      Nick






    2. #2
      Join Date
      Mar 2009
      Location
      overseas
      Posts
      3,434
      Country Flag: United States
      welcome aboard Nick! gotta love them impalas! looks great and nice upgrades so far! keep up good work to it!
      Kevin S. (overseas in Germany)
      1963 Chevrolet Impala 2d ht Coupe

      www.CruznArt.com
      CRUZN - Automotive Artworks

    3. #3
      Join Date
      Dec 2010
      Location
      Gaston, SC
      Posts
      105
      That car is a real beauty! Keep it up!
      Milan
      1964 Chevelle SS

    4. #4
      Join Date
      Mar 2009
      Posts
      51
      Welcome! Sweet 65, I love that year!
      1966 Caprice
      1968 Impala (PT Build)
      1972 C10
      2001 Tahoe

    5. #5
      Join Date
      May 2011
      Location
      Spokane, Washington
      Posts
      125
      Thanks everyone... This weekend, I will be converting to a quick ratio (12.7-1) steering box out of a late model Camaro. Looking forward to quite the improvement!

    6. #6
      Join Date
      May 2011
      Location
      Spokane, Washington
      Posts
      125
      Quick ratio conversion is done, and it feels like a brand new car! As some of you might have noticed, I hit a deer not two months after getting her on the road, so I have replaced all the front end sheet metal, and will do a rear quarter while I am at it, since it will get new paint anyway. Always two steps forward and one step back.

      My 65' Impala SS
      6.2 L L92
      4L80E
      13" Disc Brakes
      18/20 Wheels

    7. #7
      Join Date
      May 2011
      Location
      Spokane, Washington
      Posts
      125
      Getting closer to putting her back on the road!
      My 65' Impala SS
      6.2 L L92
      4L80E
      13" Disc Brakes
      18/20 Wheels




    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com