Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Results 1 to 20 of 27
    1. #1
      Join Date
      May 2010
      Posts
      16

      Newb 88 Monte Carlo SS

      Hello, here is my Monte Carlo SS build.

      Mark iv bbc 70 over. 470 ci. 850 holley dp, performer rpm, Large oval port heads 049 castings 2.19-1.88 valves. Roller rockers, 292 duration 550 lift CompCam, forged pistons 10.1 compression, eagle rods, hooker super comp headers to dynomax hemi turbo mufflers.
      Built 2004r trans, 2200 stall, TransGo shift kit, buick grand national 8.5 rear with 3.42 gears. The rear frame was moved in 3.5" and tubbed for 315 35 17 NT05 rear tires on a 10.5 rim. The car has been lowered and handles great enjoy the pics.

    2. #2
      Join Date
      May 2010
      Posts
      16

    3. #3
      Join Date
      May 2010
      Posts
      16

    4. #4
      Join Date
      May 2010
      Posts
      16

    5. #5
      Join Date
      May 2010
      Posts
      16

    6. #6
      Join Date
      Jul 2005
      Location
      Eastern Virginia
      Posts
      3,963
      Country Flag: United States
      Welcome Monte brother. Nice looking car. Curious if you niotched the frame for the 315's to fit. I'm wanting to put those on mine.
      Scot
      86 Monte SS


    7. #7
      Join Date
      May 2010
      Posts
      16
      I cut the frame where the c-channel and box frame meets in the rear right before the rear tire. Then I removed 3.5" from each side of the center section where the upper rear end mounts are. This did not effect the upper rear end mount location. The lower rear end mounts were moved in 3.5" to match up with the new frame location. So the rear is stock length. The rear rims are 10.5 wide with a 7.5 back space. If you want some pics just ask.

    8. #8
      Join Date
      Jul 2005
      Location
      Eastern Virginia
      Posts
      3,963
      Country Flag: United States
      Yes please, send me some pics, I want to see how you did this.

      Thanks
      Scot
      86 Monte SS


    9. #9
      Join Date
      Mar 2009
      Location
      overseas
      Posts
      3,434
      Country Flag: United States
      cool another monte over here! welcome aboard! car looks great!!

      Kevin S. (overseas in Germany)
      1963 Chevrolet Impala 2d ht Coupe

      www.CruznArt.com
      CRUZN - Automotive Artworks


    10. #10
      Join Date
      May 2010
      Posts
      16
      Name:  IMG_1232.jpg
Views: 614
Size:  106.2 KB

    11. #11
      Join Date
      May 2010
      Posts
      16

    12. #12
      Join Date
      May 2010
      Posts
      16
      front of frame 3"x 5" steel with off set body mount hole.

    13. #13
      Join Date
      May 2010
      Posts
      16
      This pic with a 15x8 rim with 4.5 back space.

    14. #14
      Join Date
      May 2010
      Posts
      16
      The rear sway bar was was cut 7" short because 3.5" per side removed. I had two bars so i welded them together. I also added a 1" cross tube for strength. I am using 88 f-body rear springs cut to lower. The f-body springs do not have a small coil on the top like a g-body so they can be cut. I used some 1/4 stock and built a ring to hold the top of spring in place.

    15. #15
      Join Date
      May 2010
      Posts
      16
      Rear end bracket moved in 3.5". This is a 15x8 rim with 4.5 bs.

    16. #16
      Join Date
      May 2010
      Posts
      16
      I did not need the full tubs but I only wanted to do this one time.

    17. #17
      Join Date
      May 2010
      Posts
      16
      single rear GTO seat.

    18. #18
      Join Date
      May 2010
      Posts
      16
      I also added a 1"x3" steel box inside the c-channel from the trans cross member to the rear frame for strength.

    19. #19
      Join Date
      Feb 2011
      Location
      Oldenburg
      Posts
      38
      Country Flag: Germany
      Welcome! Mean Monte...like the rear seat :-)

    20. #20
      Join Date
      Jul 2005
      Location
      Eastern Virginia
      Posts
      3,963
      Country Flag: United States
      Wow you have all kinds of frame to tire clearance.
      Scot
      86 Monte SS


    Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast



    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com