Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Results 1 to 9 of 9
    1. #1
      Join Date
      Apr 2011
      Location
      Cali, USA
      Posts
      30
      Country Flag: United States

      65 mustang pro touring project

      Hey everyone I'm new to the forum. Just picked up this 65 mustang and am planning on turning it to a pro touring beast. Planning on keeping the inline six and turbocharging it but all suggestions are welcome. Name:  DSCF0002.JPG
Views: 1472
Size:  27.6 KBName:  IMG_0433.JPG
Views: 576
Size:  23.4 KBName:  IMG_0432.JPG
Views: 492
Size:  32.2 KBName:  DSCF0005.JPG
Views: 470
Size:  34.3 KB



    2. #2
      Join Date
      May 2009
      Location
      Florida
      Posts
      233
      What other plans? Tranny, suspension, paint, wheels, etc. Lots of potential there
      Fernando
      1967 PT Camaro
      Project "N-XSS"
      https://www.pro-touring.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=70712

    3. #3
      Join Date
      Dec 2008
      Location
      Lehigh Valley Pa
      Posts
      1,269
      I love the idea. Keep us informed maybe by making a build thread. The inlines are strong engines and are hard to kill. And welcome to the forum.
      1996 Federal Cadillac hearse
      1988 Eureka Chevy hearse

    4. #4
      Join Date
      Apr 2006
      Location
      Huntington Beach, CA
      Posts
      2,420
      Country Flag: United States
      Cool. I love 1st gen stangs
      Please Subscribe to the AutoXandTrack YouTube Channel

      Autocross and track blog about running autocross and track events with pro touring cars

    5. #5
      Join Date
      Jan 2009
      Location
      Lawrenceville, Ga.
      Posts
      440
      Country Flag: United States
      If your going with the inline 6 I'd bump up to a latter 250 from a Maverick or a 300 out of a pickup. You may also consider a supercharged V6 out of a Thunderbird SC.
      There are 2 factors in Autocross, Tires and the loose nut behind the wheel.

      Paul Grala
      69 Mach 1 project (For Sale)
      78 Cobra
      87 GT
      98 Expedition

    6. #6
      Join Date
      Apr 2011
      Location
      Cali, USA
      Posts
      30
      Country Flag: United States
      I'm thinking about going with a red/orange paint job with black le mans stripes. As far as transmission I'm looking into a world class T5. I think for suspension I'll just be using all the global west parts available and probably willwood's for stopping. And finally I think I'll probably try and get some american racing torq thrust II's to complete the setup.

    7. #7
      Join Date
      Dec 2008
      Location
      Lehigh Valley Pa
      Posts
      1,269
      BTW might want to check out Inliners International's website. They are soley into Inline engines and might be able to help or atleast give you some inspiration.
      1996 Federal Cadillac hearse
      1988 Eureka Chevy hearse

    8. #8
      Join Date
      Feb 2011
      Location
      Where the hosers are.
      Posts
      201
      Quote Originally Posted by cobragt View Post
      If your going with the inline 6 I'd bump up to a latter 250 from a Maverick or a 300 out of a pickup. You may also consider a supercharged V6 out of a Thunderbird SC.
      ^^^This

      My GF has almost the same car, I6 and all.

      We were going to drop some EFI on the stock I6 so that she could drive it, but since the chassis needs more work than I had hoped, we will be swapping it out for something else, sooner than we had planned on. In our case we are thinking late model engines, one being a V6. The only reason I don't want to do much with the original I6 is because the intake manifold is cast as part of the head, which makes intake upgrades or changes, nearly impossible.
      1973 Datsun 240 Z
      2.8L Turbocharged and Injected, WIP.

      DIY Fuel injection forums and information

    9. #9
      Join Date
      Dec 2006
      Location
      Out of the Burbs of Detroit to SoCal, then onto my ancestral homeland, the woods of Cascadia
      Posts
      1,753
      Country Flag: United States
      Fordsix.com.

      Classic Inlines offers an aluminum head for the 'smallblock' 170-200-250 inch six. Flows 200 cfm @ 0.500 lift. Guy in an early falcn on the fordsix forum named doestens does tens.
      Greg Fast
      (yes, the last name is spelled correctly)

      1970 Camaro RS Clone
      1984 el Camino
      1973 MGB vintage E/Prod race car
      (Soon to be an SCCA H/Prod limited prep)




    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com