Results 1 to 20 of 54
Hybrid View
-
03-03-2011 #1
So my plan of attack was starting to build a drag car but then i said no it will be a street rod but then i found this forum and i say i can have my cake and eat it too so i will have 2 sets of wheels for this car and here is the build progress so far;
I start by stripping the /6 and auto trany out of the car and taking the interiors out and save em in the basement
And i swap the big bulky power steering unit and install the aluminum one (FOR NOW)

I took the vinyl top out and it will never be back on the car (don't like it at all personally) and mocked up the Alumastar 2.0 wheel

I took out the factory front drum brakes and left the spindle and re drill the hubs from 5x4 to 5x4.5 and give a nice rebuilt to the front suspension (but got other plans for it so later more on that)

I did the mini tub work on it to fit big tires




I add the sub frame connectors




did a little mock up on the engine, by the way B1 valve covers (crappy picture)

some Dana 60 work narrowing it to 51.5 inches axle flange to axle flange 3.73 gears Detroit locker T/A cover


Change the grill from a 72 to a 71 i like it better got a meaner look IMO.
before

After

Did got already one of the wheel set with tires Rocket Racing gray with 185 15 front tires 15x4 and Mickey Thompson DR 325 50 15 on 15x10 4 inch back space wheel


I got a awesome helper

And some leaf spring relocation kit from Mancini that in a future will serve as a lower link bracket on a custom unequal 4 link coil over system i will fabricate for it. by the way not finished yet, my welder run out of shielding gas :(



More to come as i make changes on the fly with fabrication so stay tuned!
Oh and by the way i am doing all this in my car port for now, till i build my 25 x 30 on the back of the house!
-





Reply With Quote



