Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Results 1 to 20 of 298

    Threaded View

    1. #11
      Join Date
      Dec 2010
      Posts
      708
      It looks bionic--nice work! I did a similar thing with the frame support on my Falcon. I used 2x2 for the longitudinal sections (welded into each fore and aft frame rail, then plated underneath with .120 sheet), and 2x3 (all 120 wall) for the lateral chunks (outriggers) around the front and rear of the doors. The outriggers served two nice purposes: one was for landing roll bars, and the other was for some nice new jacking points underneath (rather than crappy sheetmetal). I also made a weird, pie-cut bridge over my trans tunnel behind the seats--this lands on top of the rear outriggers. It's very easy to jack up the whole car with one jack at either outrigger point now... Sorry for the TMI--keep up the great work!






    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com