Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Results 1 to 20 of 298

    Threaded View

    1. #11
      Join Date
      Dec 2010
      Posts
      708
      I've just finally done a bit of research on the aluminum modulars, and they're not bad at all as weight goes; I was quite surprised. I even saw a cool pic on here of someone who'd carbureted one, which did away with all the lame plastic on top. This one of my problems with late model stuff: I detest plastic! That said, I'm looking forward to pics of your suspension stuff getting together...



      Quote Originally Posted by LowFast View Post
      Rustomatic, I hear you brother, weight is the enemy. I have considered going with fiberglass hood, fenders and I have already dropped the heavy front and rear stock Falcon bumpers. While the Ford 4.6 3v or 4v add alittle weight I will only be using the aluminum block versions so the difference between that and a 351 is not that great. (I refuse to use a stock 302 block for fear of splitting it if I decide to turn up the wick at a later date and the Dart blocks are too pricey) I also prefer the revy nature of the ohc engines, the gas milage is a bonus. Your cop car is an iron block, 2v 4.6, basically the worst the Modular family has to offer. A well tuned mildly modified 3 or 4 valve should net me about 360rwhp which should scoot my sub 3000lb falcon along pretty well, if the need arises another 100hp is only a supercharger away.





    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com