Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Results 1 to 20 of 298

    Hybrid View

    1. #1
      Join Date
      Mar 2005
      Location
      Texan Back in Texas!
      Posts
      675
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by Doodler View Post
      Looking really good! What do you plan on doing for the rear seat area?
      Plan on buckets but not sure how to accomplish that. Might just have to take it to an upholstery shop and see what they could custom build. I have to keep the rear seats so there is room for my two boys.

      1965 Falcon Hardtop

      However long you think your project will take, double it and you might be halfway right.

      Build Thread: https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...847#post798847


    2. #2
      Join Date
      Nov 2007
      Location
      Lafayette, LA, USA
      Posts
      485
      Country Flag: Canada
      Quote Originally Posted by LowFast View Post
      Plan on buckets but not sure how to accomplish that. Might just have to take it to an upholstery shop and see what they could custom build. I have to keep the rear seats so there is room for my two boys.
      Ooooh, I'll be watching for that. I want to do rear buckets as well. I set my procars back there and they are too long in the seat area without some type of recessing the seat into the back package tray there would be minimal leg room left.
      Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting - Holy cow - what a ride!!!
      See my build

      Jason

    3. #3
      Join Date
      Mar 2005
      Location
      Texan Back in Texas!
      Posts
      675
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by fordsbyjay View Post
      Ooooh, I'll be watching for that. I want to do rear buckets as well. I set my procars back there and they are too long in the seat area without some type of recessing the seat into the back package tray there would be minimal leg room left.
      I have the exact issue. Which Procars do you have? I plan to go with the Smoothback Rally's in the Maroon color for the interior. I also thought about using them in the rear but they are just too deep for a car the size of a Falcon. My thought is a good upholstery shops should be able to come up with something that will compliment the front seats.

      My interior materials will be pretty basic. Maroon vinyl seats and arm rests, black bed liner floors and anything else will be bead blasted aluminum including the dash and a strip down the center of the console and the door panels. Also thinking of building a custom "eyebrow" for over the gauges and forego the stock Falcon dash pad. I want it to be comfortable for long drives but have a race car look, easy to maintain materials.
      1965 Falcon Hardtop

      However long you think your project will take, double it and you might be halfway right.

      Build Thread: https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...847#post798847

    4. #4
      Join Date
      Nov 2007
      Location
      Lafayette, LA, USA
      Posts
      485
      Country Flag: Canada
      Quote Originally Posted by LowFast View Post
      I have the exact issue. Which Procars do you have? I plan to go with the Smoothback Rally's in the Maroon color for the interior. I also thought about using them in the rear but they are just too deep for a car the size of a Falcon. My thought is a good upholstery shops should be able to come up with something that will compliment the front seats.

      My interior materials will be pretty basic. Maroon vinyl seats and arm rests, black bed liner floors and anything else will be bead blasted aluminum including the dash and a strip down the center of the console and the door panels. Also thinking of building a custom "eyebrow" for over the gauges and forego the stock Falcon dash pad. I want it to be comfortable for long drives but have a race car look, easy to maintain materials.

      I have the Rally seats. They are nice but I am a big guy and they are little small for me. That's what got me thinking they would be great for the back seat. The front seats in a Challenger SRT8 are the nicest seats I have seen for bigger people.

      http://procarbyscat.com/seats/Rally
      Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting - Holy cow - what a ride!!!
      See my build

      Jason

    5. #5
      Join Date
      Nov 2007
      Location
      Lafayette, LA, USA
      Posts
      485
      Country Flag: Canada
      Looking back at some pics I like how you did your radiator. I used a foxbody unit which must be not as tall as I only had to notch a small how in the frame rails to make room for a plug they had in the tank.



      Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting - Holy cow - what a ride!!!
      See my build

      Jason

    6. #6
      Join Date
      Mar 2005
      Location
      Texan Back in Texas!
      Posts
      675
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by fordsbyjay View Post
      I have the Rally seats. They are nice but I am a big guy and they are little small for me. That's what got me thinking they would be great for the back seat. The front seats in a Challenger SRT8 are the nicest seats I have seen for bigger people.

      http://procarbyscat.com/seats/Rally
      I am 6'3" 220lbs in the summer and hope to hit 240lbs this winter. I think the Procars will work but before I buy I want to find a dealer or someone local who has them installed to sit in them. Our Lexus IS has seats that are dimensionally just a bit smaller than the procars and I seem to fit fine in them.

      Since I am running the 4.6 3v I figured it was safe to go with a radiator intended for that exact engine. The Fluidyne should have all the cooling capacity I will ever need, even if it did take a little extra "fitting" to make it work.
      1965 Falcon Hardtop

      However long you think your project will take, double it and you might be halfway right.

      Build Thread: https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...847#post798847




    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com