Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Results 1 to 11 of 11
    1. #1
      Join Date
      Jan 2011
      Location
      Salem, OR
      Posts
      5

      new to Pro Touring.com 69 camaro/Firebird

      I'm new to ProTouring.com, I have seen alot of comments from members over at Lateral-G about this site so I thought I would check it out.
      I am currently in the process of turning my 69 Camaro (originally a firebird) into a "G-machine" wanabe. My budget at this time doesn’t allow for all the high-tech gadgets, so I am doing all (99%) of the work myself as inexpensively as possible. ( Not cheap and cheesy, but inexpensively) So it will have the look, but the performance will have to wait.
      I have a mild 350 with a 350 turbo in it, (bought the engine and tranny out of friends 69 Camaro after he did an LS2/6speed swap in his car.) The engine and trans work great, well at least it did before we yanked it out of his car.

      My short term goal is to get it running. A couple friends came over the other night and we were able to connect a few wires just to get it started. But now I need to go in and get all the wires connected correctly. I'm working with the existing harness that came with the car, The previous owner changed all the sheetmetal and all the interior over to camaro, but left the firebird harness in, I would love to go buy a new harness, but the budget doesn’t allow for that, so there’s going to be alot of fixin and splicing going on.

      Once all the wiring is done and it’s running again, I will be mini tubing it to make room for some wider tread.
      It does have a mostly complete interior, so I will be leaving that alone for the most part for now.
      Eventually I will be painting it myself (I used to paint for a living) the body work from the doors back is all done, I just need to work on the front clip.
      Of course wheels and tires are high on my list, I'm looking to put 18's on the front and 19 or 20's on the back.



      Well that’s about it, thanks for letting me hang out.

      The gray car is mine, the black 69 is a buddies, his now has an LS2/6speed under the hood
      Attached Images Attached Images          
      www.ThrottleDesignMechanics.com
      A division of Adamson Design Group, Inc.


    2. #2
      Join Date
      Jun 2010
      Posts
      2
      beautiful car

    3. #3
      Join Date
      Oct 2004
      Location
      St.Anne Il
      Posts
      3,924
      Country Flag: United States
      Welcome..nice project ya got going on there..
      Darrin Stalnecker
      1969 Camaro Convert full pt pr
      2007 Corvette Supercharged
      1968 Camaro LS1 T56
      http://www.fquick.com/dropit69

    4. #4
      Join Date
      Jan 2011
      Location
      St Charles, IL
      Posts
      56
      The body looks straight! Welcome!
      Bobby
      1972 Gran Torino Sport
      1969 Mustang Convertible
      1969 Mustang Sportroof






      http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3820297/1969-ford-mustang

    5. #5
      Join Date
      Nov 2009
      Location
      Cesspool, South Carolina
      Posts
      35
      Nice lookin cars!


      I see a knobby tire in the 3rd pic....what 'cha got? (Yeah, I'm a motocrosser)
      ASE Master Tech
      Toyota Master Tech
      1983 Trans Am WS6

    6. #6
      Join Date
      Jan 2011
      Location
      Salem, OR
      Posts
      5
      Thanks, Its my sons 2001 CR125. He parks it in my garage, so I get to take it out now and then.
      www.ThrottleDesignMechanics.com
      A division of Adamson Design Group, Inc.

    7. #7
      Join Date
      Dec 2007
      Location
      Salem, OR
      Posts
      226
      Welcome,
      looks like it's going to be nice when it's done.
      Mike R
      '66 Olds Cutlass Convertible
      '15 Challenger SRT 392 (DD)
      '72 Pontiac LeMans (wife's toy)

    8. #8
      Join Date
      Jan 2011
      Posts
      2
      Wecome....Great lookin project. I am just north of you in Troutdale, Or.

    9. #9
      Join Date
      Jan 2011
      Location
      Salem, OR
      Posts
      5
      Well I have been slowly working on the car. I got the wiring labeled and ran to where it needs to go. Once I have everything (lights and what not) working I will then hide all the wiring.

      I have been fabricating a center console. It came out of a toyota celica, with a little trimming it fits quite well. I comes with 2 cup holders . I still need to wrap it in leather and add some guages. as you can see in the picture it covers up part of the ash tray, I'm thinking I might use some aluminum and shape it to cover up the holes (where the handle above the glove box goes) and have it come down and cover up the stock ash tray.

      I ended up trading my stock seats for a new headliner, steering wheel, switches and knobs, and mics other parts. I ended up deciding to install some seats I took out of a Toyota Celica that my son totaled. They are very comfortable, with some very good lumbar and side support. The back seat fits perfectly too.

      I currently have the gas tank out. I was just going to paint it and put it back, but once getting it cleaned up it had a few small dents. So I am using a sheet of aluminum I had and making a cover for it.

      Well thats about it for now. I will get some more pics up soon.
      Attached Images Attached Images  
      www.ThrottleDesignMechanics.com
      A division of Adamson Design Group, Inc.

    10. #10
      Join Date
      Jul 2006
      Location
      Lake Tillery NC
      Posts
      841
      Country Flag: United States
      Welcome to the site! Keep us posted, looks like a great start!
      Michael Tucker
      Project "Trouble" 1969 Camaro DSE subframe, quadrilink, 13" wilwood brakes, Rated X Rushforths, LS2/T56
      1968 Camaro

    11. #11
      Join Date
      Jan 2011
      Location
      Salem, OR
      Posts
      5

      My cars for sale. 69 camaro hybrid Firebird/Camaro

      Well sad to say but the time has come to sell this project:( I am in the process of building a new business, so for the time being all my toys must go. I was thinking $9500.ish. Any feed back on my pricing would be much appriciated.
      I pretty much have a complete interior, new dash pad, dash is painted, new headliner (not installed) full set of seats. all glass is good, have all stainless for windows, door handles. as of right now the brake lines are not hooked up. In the next few weeks I will be getting the brakes (stock drums) all working. Good running 350/350 turbo.

      Thanks
      Name:  DSC_7291a.jpg
Views: 1315
Size:  163.4 KBName:  DSC_8355a.jpg
Views: 860
Size:  155.9 KBName:  DSC_7288a.jpg
Views: 1397
Size:  182.3 KB
      Attached Images Attached Images  
      www.ThrottleDesignMechanics.com
      A division of Adamson Design Group, Inc.




    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com