Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Page 28 of 48 FirstFirst ... 18 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 38 ... LastLast
    Results 541 to 560 of 949
    1. #541
      Join Date
      Apr 2005
      Location
      Chicago
      Posts
      2,788
      Country Flag: United States
      Looks like my desk is back.





      time to splice and join.











      and Thank you Foster Grant for making Multi-Focal cheaters as I needed them for this project.








      Time to wrap with Tech Flex Wire Wrap










      More notes
















      marty-mj
      GarageScene.net High Speed Welding KDHotrods RecoveryRoomInteriors WegnerAutomotive Autometer Ride-Tech

    2. #542
      Join Date
      Apr 2005
      Location
      Chicago
      Posts
      2,788
      Country Flag: United States
      Moving back to the front of the car. (02-19-20)



      The Dot's represent where I will bond in the "Weld Mounts"









      Looks like there is plenty of clearance the bend doesn't look that bad



      Vintage Air





      Studs going in.



      Off to Ace Hardware for more clamps and a Chunky Bar.



      While the epoxy is drying I am going to jump back to the taillight harness.

      and yes I put this Circle in for a reason.

      marty-mj
      GarageScene.net High Speed Welding KDHotrods RecoveryRoomInteriors WegnerAutomotive Autometer Ride-Tech

    3. #543
      Join Date
      Apr 2005
      Location
      Chicago
      Posts
      2,788
      Country Flag: United States
      Back to the Holley EFI Harness (02-20-20)

      Remember the blue notes.

      Since this is a ground stud I removed all of the paint and I also removed the paint from the inside of the cowl.



      Good News every stud was place in the correct location + or - milometers.











      The view from the back seat



      marty-mj
      GarageScene.net High Speed Welding KDHotrods RecoveryRoomInteriors WegnerAutomotive Autometer Ride-Tech

    4. #544
      Join Date
      Apr 2005
      Location
      Chicago
      Posts
      2,788
      Country Flag: United States
      Picking up some more parts from D&R Classic (02-22-20)

      As you can see it was a beautiful day out and I decided I would rather go for a drive then work on the car. So it was Parts run Saturday.





      - - - Updated - - -

      Then of course I went back to work on the car.

      I spent a little time routing the wires a little better and securing them in place.





      Removing the paint from the ground area's





      Yep another note.





      It's kinda funny looking at this picture as I have been searching for the brake switch. Apparently it's on the harness. (yes I am going to go look at this post)





      I put the steering wheel back on so I had something to grab when I am trying to get out from under the dash.





      Picked up some new stainless steel bolts for the AAW fuse box.





      and a Chunky Bar (looks like I am starting a trend here)





      Need to trim it to my desired length.





      I have saved this little screw driver for years and it has finally has been put to use.





      Since my girls are out I had to become a little creative.





      pulled out another tool that I seldom use. Yep it's ratcheting.








      Firmly mounted.


      marty-mj
      GarageScene.net High Speed Welding KDHotrods RecoveryRoomInteriors WegnerAutomotive Autometer Ride-Tech

    5. #545
      Join Date
      Apr 2005
      Location
      Chicago
      Posts
      2,788
      Country Flag: United States
      So everything going to the right is no longer needed so it's all going to the right for now.








      Last minute I decided to go to the Muscle Car Show in Chicago/Rosemont and I picked up the cowl wiring gutter. I bought
      one that was trim to fit so I could make it my desired length.







      Next up. Clean up this wiring.





      For the life of me I can't remember where the Pink wire goes. ;-(





      I kinda like this idea.





      Who new there was this much wiring in a car without power windows, power door locks or a high end stereo. Next Up the Vintage Air Harness.




      More of that Tech Flex wrap




      I an telling you guys you need a bike stand. I have used this more lately for my car then my bikes. The best part is I can tighten it up and push the trigger to turn on the Hot Knife.




      marty-mj
      GarageScene.net High Speed Welding KDHotrods RecoveryRoomInteriors WegnerAutomotive Autometer Ride-Tech

    6. #546
      Join Date
      Apr 2005
      Location
      Chicago
      Posts
      2,788
      Country Flag: United States
      Working on wire routing and keeping it so I can service it if needed.

      Gratuitous Front End Shot. (02-25-20)



      So the plan is to run a portion of wires down the rocker gutter and sneak into the inside of the rear quarter.







      So if you have been in my garage you have seen my collection of twist tie's. I use these for mock up instead of zip ties as I can quickly change directions and not waste zip ties.



      If you look closely you can see all the wires are twist tied together and when I add the last couple wires I can easily add them in.





      Eventually these will be secured inside the quarter after I confirm everything works correctly.



      Instead of using the giant factory plug I will replace all of the unions with weather pack connectors.





      Time to epoxy in a few more Weld Mounts





      Loom Anchored in place (02-26-20)

      marty-mj
      GarageScene.net High Speed Welding KDHotrods RecoveryRoomInteriors WegnerAutomotive Autometer Ride-Tech

    7. #547
      Join Date
      Apr 2005
      Location
      Chicago
      Posts
      2,788
      Country Flag: United States
      So this is one of those moments that most people don't think about or consider. (02-27-20)

      With all of the new paint coating out there this is the time to have a Professional come in and do paint correction and surface
      coatings. The good news for me is my neighbor is that guy and he Gonzo Details. So I asked him to come over and correct and protect
      the paint before I get the front clip on the the car.



      Firewall Complete.



      Perfect time to surface protect and area that once the fenders and inner fenders you can't access.





      Yep, he even did inside the cowl.



      Subframe





      marty-mj
      GarageScene.net High Speed Welding KDHotrods RecoveryRoomInteriors WegnerAutomotive Autometer Ride-Tech

    8. #548
      Join Date
      Apr 2005
      Location
      Chicago
      Posts
      2,788
      Country Flag: United States
      Workbench is looking a little thin & Building a better center channel mount. (02-29-20)







      Remember these as these are really cool zip ties and apparently I forgot to take pictures of the clasp area.



      Planning for the center channel (03-01-20)







      marty-mj
      GarageScene.net High Speed Welding KDHotrods RecoveryRoomInteriors WegnerAutomotive Autometer Ride-Tech

    9. #549
      Join Date
      Apr 2005
      Location
      Chicago
      Posts
      2,788
      Country Flag: United States
      Valuable lessons learned in life (03-01-20)

      Most people that know me are aware that I like to sit back and watch, listen, photograph so I can learn new thing and
      new ways to do things. The reason I photograph everything is so I can go back and look at what I saw a 2nd, 3rd, 4th
      or even a 5th time. Being honest some times I go back and look at things so much that I print them out and stick them
      on the walls in my garage or my office.

      After seeing my wife work on white boards for years I realized that I could get a dry erase board for the garage and plan
      the wire routing that I wanted to do in this version of the car. It so much easier for me to have a visual plan versus something
      in my head.

      So once again out comes my Garage Desk and the dry erase board.






      Honestly, I really love Blue Tape if you all haven't figured that out yet.



      Once I am comfortable with the dry erase board I transfer my thoughts to the cars note pad.



      At the same time I am trying to plan the new dash layout since I am going with the new 7" Holley dash and I still want to
      have something that will fill the right side of the dash surround and I think this is what I am going to put in that area.






      (03-05-20)

      Well somewhere along the way I misplaced a couple brackets and some hardware.

      Thankfully D&R Classics is only 25 minutes from my house so a Quick trip over and some Taco's and I am back to
      work on the car.








      I also spent a little garage time searching for intake tube idea's and I am in love with the set up the guys at
      Chris Holstrom Concepts executed on there Camaro. (03-06-20)




      marty-mj
      GarageScene.net High Speed Welding KDHotrods RecoveryRoomInteriors WegnerAutomotive Autometer Ride-Tech

    10. #550
      Join Date
      Apr 2005
      Location
      Chicago
      Posts
      2,788
      Country Flag: United States
      Working on the Kicker Center Channel (03-14-20)







      It's to bad I won't be using the grills as they look really nice.



      Making sure I have enough clearance for the weld studs.





      Remember my note pad well I took a pictures of it and printed on 11 x 17 paper so I could tape it to the windshield. This way I
      won't need to look for my glasses every time I want to read it. I will also writes notes and changes on this so when the car is
      complete I can redo the wire diagram in case I ever need to look back I will be able to have a reference sheet.



      Back to Ace Hardware for some mock up bolts as these will all be replace with ARP bolts. (03-15-20)

      and of course another Chunky bar.



      Time to fit the core support and yes more blue tape as the Covid-19 Lock down makes it difficult to mount the core support safely by myself.





      Here goes nothing.







      marty-mj
      GarageScene.net High Speed Welding KDHotrods RecoveryRoomInteriors WegnerAutomotive Autometer Ride-Tech

    11. #551
      Join Date
      Mar 2005
      Location
      Wisconsin
      Posts
      215
      Country Flag: United States
      Love all the updates/upgrades to your second gen! Was this car not "finished" at one time?? Kidding of course.....I'm in the middle of my 69 "re-do". I need to water my money tree though. Keep up the great work!!
      Used to be known as classiccamaro

    12. #552
      Join Date
      Apr 2005
      Location
      Chicago
      Posts
      2,788
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by DKz Garage View Post
      Love all the updates/upgrades to your second gen! Was this car not "finished" at one time?? Kidding of course.....I'm in the middle of my 69 "re-do". I need to water my money tree though. Keep up the great work!!
      Thank you and are they really ever finished ?

      The original plan was install the Holley Sniper and be done but the motor has fought Kenny, Stan, Don and Mike & I. I had finally had enough and decided it was time to pull the motor. As we were taking it out we found some issue and then when I was pulling I found some more. The when I dropped it off to get disassembled and inspected we found more issue. So I was sitting the garage and the hood was off and I said well might as well pull the front end off and powder the subframe and then it pretty much snowballed from there. Being honest I am happy I decided to take it apart as I love being out in the garage working on it and doing what I am doing.
      marty-mj
      GarageScene.net High Speed Welding KDHotrods RecoveryRoomInteriors WegnerAutomotive Autometer Ride-Tech

    13. #553
      Join Date
      Jul 2008
      Posts
      510
      Country Flag: United States
      Dang Marty, you've been ripping!!!

      The car and your work looks truly amazing! Glad you're doing well man, keep it up. You're making me feel lazy. :D

      *EDIT* Did you get the ratchet action detent plate from Shiftworks for your horseshoe shifter?

      *Jeff*
      Project Salty - 1964 4 door Malibu, beaten, neglected, red headed foster child
      Cammed LQ4 / T56 Swap Project Thread <-click to read! 😁


    14. #554
      Join Date
      Apr 2005
      Location
      Chicago
      Posts
      2,788
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by Hotwire View Post
      Dang Marty, you've been ripping!!!

      The car and your work looks truly amazing! Glad you're doing well man, keep it up. You're making me feel lazy. :D

      *EDIT* Did you get the ratchet action detent plate from Shiftworks for your horseshoe shifter?
      Thank you very much and sooner or later we need to catch up.


      Yep, that is the detent plate from Shift works. I also bought there shifter cable and it worked very nice with the 700R4 and plan to swap it over to the new trans. The only thing I may do is powder coat the transmission bracket.
      marty-mj
      GarageScene.net High Speed Welding KDHotrods RecoveryRoomInteriors WegnerAutomotive Autometer Ride-Tech

    15. #555
      Join Date
      Jul 2008
      Posts
      510
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by syborg tt View Post
      New Custom Works Dash Surround and the 7" Holley Dash. I have a couple ideas in my head of how I would like this mounted.

      ...
      Do you know Aaron Oberle? He's cranking out billet bezels for those displays, he might be able to crank you out something that would work?

      https://www.instagram.com/p/B_qBQF9J...y-8L02Lj387o0/
      *Jeff*
      Project Salty - 1964 4 door Malibu, beaten, neglected, red headed foster child
      Cammed LQ4 / T56 Swap Project Thread <-click to read! 😁

    16. #556
      Join Date
      Apr 2005
      Location
      Chicago
      Posts
      2,788
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by Hotwire View Post
      Do you know Aaron Oberle? He's cranking out billet bezels for those displays, he might be able to crank you out something that would work?

      https://www.instagram.com/p/B_qBQF9J...y-8L02Lj387o0/

      Yep, and that is what scares me as I have some sick idea's in my head and the good news is I am concentrating on what I am doing now so I don't do something crazy right now.
      marty-mj
      GarageScene.net High Speed Welding KDHotrods RecoveryRoomInteriors WegnerAutomotive Autometer Ride-Tech

    17. #557
      Join Date
      Apr 2005
      Location
      Chicago
      Posts
      2,788
      Country Flag: United States
      Playing with the Holley Harness Wrap ( 03-17-20 )


      So I am not trying to redo the harness I am just trying it to make it look a little cleaner at the firewall entry point.





      I just love removing the tape to expose the wires and how they wrap them together.





      I added some of the new tape just to keep the wires in place while I play with the routing.





      I cleaned the harness wrap up a little bit and as you can see the harness wants to go towards the drivers side of the car. Of course
      I need the harness to make a left and head over to the passenger side of the car. So I will need to get a silicone elbow which I
      will have to slit as I am not taking the harness apart.


      No Way No How !!!





      For now I just covered the harness with the wrong size Tech-Flex wraps just so I could see how it looked.


      marty-mj
      GarageScene.net High Speed Welding KDHotrods RecoveryRoomInteriors WegnerAutomotive Autometer Ride-Tech

    18. #558
      Join Date
      Apr 2005
      Location
      Chicago
      Posts
      2,788
      Country Flag: United States
      Stepping Back and getting ready for Adam @ Gonzo Detail and calling it a night soon I hope. (03-17-20)

      Sometimes you just need to take a break and figure out what's next.



      So it is amazing how dirty a car gets with so few miles on it. However I did get caught in the rain a couple times and of course with no wipers.

      As you can see I not only take a bunch of pictures. I put notes on everything and when I bag them I make sure the bags are dated so I can go back and look at the pictures I took on that date. This prevents me from staring at bags and wonder where the heck those parts went.











      These bolts will be replaced with more ARP or at least some stainless steel bolts.



      Looking forward to having this cleaned up and coated.




      Getting Ready for Adam









      marty-mj
      GarageScene.net High Speed Welding KDHotrods RecoveryRoomInteriors WegnerAutomotive Autometer Ride-Tech

    19. #559
      Join Date
      Apr 2005
      Location
      Chicago
      Posts
      2,788
      Country Flag: United States
      and yes I am saving all or at least most of my blue tape.




      A Couple more before pictures (03-18-20)





      after paint correction and coating.







      Before



      after



      marty-mj
      GarageScene.net High Speed Welding KDHotrods RecoveryRoomInteriors WegnerAutomotive Autometer Ride-Tech

    20. #560
      Join Date
      Aug 2015
      Location
      charlotte
      Posts
      929
      Country Flag: United States
      My OCD, as bad/good as I thought it was, is very pleased seeing how you operate. dating bags was something I never considered and I always wish I took more photos.

    Page 28 of 48 FirstFirst ... 18 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 38 ... LastLast



    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com