Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Page 44 of 45 FirstFirst ... 34 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 LastLast
    Results 861 to 880 of 949

    Hybrid View

    1. #1
      Join Date
      Sep 2017
      Posts
      839
      Country Flag: United States
      Looking like some great progress Marty.
      Jason
      TANKMASTERJ
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...touring-Camaro
      Jasons Toys
      67 Camaro White Lightning LMR LS7 powered, Speed tech Front and Rear.
      2023 Rapid Blue ZL1 the Blue Devil
      2000 HD Softail
      1989 CBR Hurricane anniversary edition

    2. #2
      Join Date
      Aug 2007
      Posts
      1,239
      Country Flag: United States
      Man looking good... the CF looks awesome...

    3. #3
      Join Date
      Apr 2005
      Location
      Chicago
      Posts
      2,788
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by qnitro View Post
      Man looking good... the CF looks awesome...
      Thank you Kevin and thankfully I bought all of the carbon stuff during the first build as with two girls in college that would not be in the budget.
      marty-mj
      GarageScene.net High Speed Welding KDHotrods RecoveryRoomInteriors WegnerAutomotive Autometer Ride-Tech

    4. #4
      Join Date
      Apr 2005
      Location
      Chicago
      Posts
      2,788
      Country Flag: United States

      DSE Top Post Battery Terminals ( 02-13-22 )

      So I have finally decided that I am going to use the DSE battery Terminals as they are the nicest looking and I just like them.

      Name:  20220219172540-251487dc-me.jpg
Views: 637
Size:  119.7 KB

      Name:  20220219172541-2851e487-me.jpg
Views: 632
Size:  99.2 KB

      Name:  20220219172543-da7838be-me.jpg
Views: 623
Size:  100.5 KB

      Now that I have made my final decision I can complete the wires that are going to the battery terminals.

      Name:  20220219172545-5480b29f-me.jpg
Views: 588
Size:  111.7 KB

      Fan Relay wires all wrapped & labeled in Tech Flex wire wrap.

      Name:  20220219172547-1399bbd7-me.jpg
Views: 620
Size:  123.9 KB

      Playing with the wire routing to see if I like it.

      Name:  20220219172550-a7195d48-me.jpg
Views: 618
Size:  87.4 KB

      Trimming the weld stud.

      Name:  20220219172552-b6b5f36a-me.jpg
Views: 651
Size:  125.3 KB

      Name:  20220219172555-76d1a8d9-me.jpg
Views: 608
Size:  139.4 KB

      Hard to tell in this picture but if you look closely you can see I added a line clamp to secure the wire behind the battery tray.

      Name:  20220219172558-b1df1ee4-me.jpg
Views: 618
Size:  77.9 KB

      The fan relay trigger runs under the battery tray and I will connect it to the Holley ECU wires that are running on top of the inner fender.

      Name:  20220219172605-a09e6a83-me.jpg
Views: 589
Size:  149.6 KB

      I am also looking at options for the Vintage Air Coolant & AC Line.

      Name:  20220219172605-a09e6a83-me.jpg
Views: 589
Size:  149.6 KB

      Need a break from the car so I ran over to the Eastwood store and picked up some Flexible strip caulk that I am going to use on the back of the Bolt On DSE Firewall closeout panel.

      Name:  20220219172608-a59bae83-me.jpg
Views: 608
Size:  110.7 KB
      marty-mj
      GarageScene.net High Speed Welding KDHotrods RecoveryRoomInteriors WegnerAutomotive Autometer Ride-Tech

    5. #5
      Join Date
      Nov 2018
      Posts
      985
      Country Flag: United States
      Looks pretty good.
      2021 Durango R/T
      2005 Dakota beater
      2003 Dakota project-o-mobile

    6. #6
      Join Date
      Apr 2005
      Location
      Chicago
      Posts
      2,788
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by Vimes View Post
      Looks pretty good.
      Thank You I am sure having fun.
      marty-mj
      GarageScene.net High Speed Welding KDHotrods RecoveryRoomInteriors WegnerAutomotive Autometer Ride-Tech

    7. #7
      Join Date
      Apr 2005
      Location
      Chicago
      Posts
      2,788
      Country Flag: United States

      Shiftworks Shifter Cable & Detent thingy ( 02-17-22 )

      I needed a simple project as I didn't have much time to work on the car. So I decided I would install the shifter cable and the Detent piece.


      Name:  20220219172612-3a5f85f0-me.png
Views: 488
Size:  302.5 KB


      Name:  20220219173052-f127abcf-me.jpg
Views: 509
Size:  139.5 KB


      Name:  20220219173056-dd00f2ab-me.jpg
Views: 498
Size:  94.7 KB


      Name:  20220219173106-c47d7d9c-me.jpg
Views: 515
Size:  131.0 KB


      Name:  20220219173110-46ec866a-me.jpg
Views: 501
Size:  96.3 KB


      Name:  20220219173115-5c59035e-me.jpg
Views: 518
Size:  132.2 KB


      Name:  20220219173118-7690fe3b-me.jpg
Views: 503
Size:  113.8 KB


      Name:  20220219173128-3b039143-me.jpg
Views: 497
Size:  79.1 KB


      The 30'' cable seems very long. I am going call them to see if they have a 27" or 28" cable as I think the shorter cable will work better.


      Name:  20220219173137-33c6673b-me.jpg
Views: 473
Size:  82.8 KB
      marty-mj
      GarageScene.net High Speed Welding KDHotrods RecoveryRoomInteriors WegnerAutomotive Autometer Ride-Tech

    8. #8
      Join Date
      Apr 2005
      Location
      Chicago
      Posts
      2,788
      Country Flag: United States

      Plugging away at all the little things ( 03-03-22 )

      Man are these hard to find and I have five Autoparts stores within four miles of my house and the good news is I finally
      found them at Autozone. I needed one for the radiator and one for the over flow tank. I like these as I can attach a 3/8's hose
      so I can control where the coolant goes if I have to drain the radiator or overflow tank.




      Name:  20220319115111-062059c9-me.jpg
Views: 462
Size:  112.8 KB


      Of course I couldn't get the old one out so a quick trip to my buddy Ben's house and the job of getting the old one out has begun.




      Name:  20220319115119-848c6012-me.jpg
Views: 439
Size:  152.6 KB




      Name:  20220319115120-0b25b875-me.jpg
Views: 475
Size:  131.2 KB




      Name:  20220319115124-fdbea4c5-me.jpg
Views: 485
Size:  105.6 KB




      A couple wraps of "Oatey FASTape" to prevent the fitting from getting stuck again.



      Name:  20220319115128-ea936dca-me.jpg
Views: 450
Size:  64.0 KB



      Another Quick trip to Ace Hardware for some small hardware and of course I need some animal crackers



      Name:  20220319115131-e77930ff-me.jpg
Views: 467
Size:  82.3 KB


      Name:  20220319115134-be97c0c8-me.jpg
Views: 461
Size:  123.2 KB


      Name:  20220319115137-f9895f6f-me.jpg
Views: 468
Size:  133.8 KB




      Yes, another quick note.




      Name:  20220319115141-e7368be1-me.jpg
Views: 420
Size:  95.3 KB




      I use the "Pushnut" bolt retainers to hold the bolt to the tank which makes installing the tank much easier. I also installed
      a layer of cork on the tank bracket to protect the paint on the core support.




      Name:  20220319115142-43ab977a-me.jpg
Views: 462
Size:  74.0 KB


      Name:  20220319115145-6c3a021c-me.jpg
Views: 502
Size:  118.6 KB


      Name:  20220319115150-4518b7ba-me.jpg
Views: 465
Size:  126.0 KB




      Has anyone use one of these as I might try this so I can bleed the brakes by myself ?




      Name:  20220319115113-79039560-me.jpg
Views: 458
Size:  105.5 KB


      Name:  20220319115116-9c4edece-me.jpg
Views: 474
Size:  116.3 KB
      marty-mj
      GarageScene.net High Speed Welding KDHotrods RecoveryRoomInteriors WegnerAutomotive Autometer Ride-Tech

    9. #9
      Join Date
      Oct 2011
      Posts
      721
      I’ve used a similar tool to bleed brakes and clutch. Only difference I see is my tool had a vacuum gauge on it so I could actually see how much psi I was pulling. I also bought a fitting that went on the power steering reservoir cap so I vacuum bled the power steering system as well. Not that I needed to?? The thing that bothered me when bleeding brakes is that none of the fittings fit tight enough over the bleeder nut on the calipers but then again maybe I was pulling too much vacuum (15psi) so I would always get air bubble rushing in. After bleeding 3 bottles of brake fluid I just called it good. Tried the brakes and they felt great. Drove the car around the block a few times and they felt great. Never felt spongy, same with clutch.

    10. #10
      Join Date
      Apr 2005
      Location
      Chicago
      Posts
      2,788
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by joeko23 View Post
      I’ve used a similar tool to bleed brakes and clutch. Only difference I see is my tool had a vacuum gauge on it so I could actually see how much psi I was pulling. I also bought a fitting that went on the power steering reservoir cap so I vacuum bled the power steering system as well. Not that I needed to?? The thing that bothered me when bleeding brakes is that none of the fittings fit tight enough over the bleeder nut on the calipers but then again maybe I was pulling too much vacuum (15psi) so I would always get air bubble rushing in. After bleeding 3 bottles of brake fluid I just called it good. Tried the brakes and they felt great. Drove the car around the block a few times and they felt great. Never felt spongy, same with clutch.
      That is what I was hoping you would say as I would like to be able to bleed them by myself and not have to worry about always asking a friend to come over.


      Quote Originally Posted by Bugzilla View Post
      I have to ask, how many rolls of blue tape have you gone though so far? Haha
      Honestly I have no clue and I have wondered that myself many times if I had to guess I would say a minimum of 3 possible 4.

      This however deosn't count the two partial rolls I have in my toolbox.
      marty-mj
      GarageScene.net High Speed Welding KDHotrods RecoveryRoomInteriors WegnerAutomotive Autometer Ride-Tech

    11. #11
      Join Date
      Feb 2016
      Location
      SoCal
      Posts
      475
      I have to ask, how many rolls of blue tape have you gone though so far? Haha
      1970 VW Bug - Just your average mid engine Bug
      Track toy - 06 Evo - E85 and lots of boost
      Newest track toy - 2021 Supra

    12. #12
      Join Date
      Oct 2011
      Posts
      721
      Btw don’t forget to bench bleed the master if it’s new

    13. #13
      Join Date
      Apr 2005
      Location
      Chicago
      Posts
      2,788
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by joeko23 View Post
      Btw don’t forget to bench bleed the master if it’s new
      The master isn't new and was on the car however it has been sitting for 3 years without any fluid.

      Do you think I should bench bleed it again as I never thought about that ?
      marty-mj
      GarageScene.net High Speed Welding KDHotrods RecoveryRoomInteriors WegnerAutomotive Autometer Ride-Tech

    14. #14
      Join Date
      Apr 2005
      Location
      Chicago
      Posts
      2,788
      Country Flag: United States

      G-Force Crossmember going back in. ( 03-05-22 )

      I needed to remove the G-Force Crossmember to slot the holes so the bolts would go in a little bit easier.

      Name:  20220319115158-46572ef5-me.jpg
Views: 909
Size:  164.3 KB

      Of course Remy was supervising the entire job until he saw a squirrel.

      Name:  20220319115201-a468b99a-me.jpg
Views: 918
Size:  169.2 KB

      I am happy we designed the exhaust so it could be easily removed.

      Name:  20220319115203-89c53c5c-me.jpg
Views: 916
Size:  127.8 KB

      Remy is very happy with used the Lift-Jack to support the transmission.

      Name:  20220319115226-d66fc52f-me.jpg
Views: 901
Size:  139.3 KB

      Name:  20220319115207-ea328414-me.jpg
Views: 916
Size:  138.4 KB

      Noah Hard at Work

      Name:  20220319115210-9d3c9528-me.jpg
Views: 880
Size:  157.3 KB

      Back to the Powder Coater to get recoated.

      Name:  20220319115212-7c3743b8-me.jpg
Views: 870
Size:  110.2 KB

      Retraining the charge lead for the optima charge as it wants to go the opposite way. So I wrapped and zip-tied to so it would lose it's shipping memory.

      Name:  20220319115216-f8818a74-me.jpg
Views: 904
Size:  103.0 KB

      Now that I am 100% happy with the fuel line routing I going to tape the ends of the DEI heat sleeve.

      Name:  20220319115218-b2c57217-me.jpg
Views: 891
Size:  95.1 KB

      Yet another to do list.

      Name:  20220319115230-babf2a38-me.jpg
Views: 884
Size:  83.7 KB

      I decided I am going to use the stock Trans pan so I will be ordering ARP 6 Point hardware to match the rest of the hardware on the car.

      Name:  20220319115233-75d66fae-me.jpg
Views: 898
Size:  117.7 KB

      Name:  20220319115235-040c2e9a-me.jpg
Views: 878
Size:  120.3 KB
      marty-mj
      GarageScene.net High Speed Welding KDHotrods RecoveryRoomInteriors WegnerAutomotive Autometer Ride-Tech

    15. #15
      Join Date
      Sep 2017
      Posts
      839
      Country Flag: United States
      I like the trans crossmember. I should have used one similar for more exhaust clearance. Looks like your steady chipping away at it Marty.
      TANKMASTERJ
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...touring-Camaro
      Jasons Toys
      67 Camaro White Lightning LMR LS7 powered, Speed tech Front and Rear.
      2023 Rapid Blue ZL1 the Blue Devil
      2000 HD Softail
      1989 CBR Hurricane anniversary edition

    16. #16
      Join Date
      Jun 2016
      Posts
      25
      Any update on this build?

    17. #17
      Join Date
      Jul 2021
      Posts
      70
      Quote Originally Posted by Toccoa View Post
      Any update on this build?
      He has updated it quite thoroughly on Lateral-G under the same title.

    18. #18
      Join Date
      Apr 2005
      Location
      Chicago
      Posts
      2,788
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by Toccoa View Post
      Any update on this build?
      My goal is to start updating this thread over the weekend.
      marty-mj
      GarageScene.net High Speed Welding KDHotrods RecoveryRoomInteriors WegnerAutomotive Autometer Ride-Tech

    19. #19
      Join Date
      Apr 2005
      Location
      Chicago
      Posts
      2,788
      Country Flag: United States

      Vintage Air Hose Routing ( 03-06-22 )

      It's getting closer day by day by day.

      Today's project is to figure out how I plan to run the coolant and AC lines.

      Name:  20220319115241-ef58f9dd-me.jpg
Views: 434
Size:  160.6 KB

      Name:  20220319115249-f6b59a13-me.jpg
Views: 416
Size:  157.1 KB

      Training this line so it lays better in the inner fender.

      Name:  20220319115252-296920fb-me.jpg
Views: 421
Size:  204.3 KB

      Hiding the switch behind the battery.

      Name:  20220319115255-ceae6e76-me.jpg
Views: 430
Size:  141.0 KB

      Name:  20220319115305-fac583f9-me.jpg
Views: 395
Size:  133.7 KB

      Name:  20220319115312-06924a60-me.jpg
Views: 423
Size:  147.1 KB

      Plenty of clearance

      Name:  20220319115315-6fd6a680-me.jpg
Views: 402
Size:  90.2 KB



      marty-mj
      GarageScene.net High Speed Welding KDHotrods RecoveryRoomInteriors WegnerAutomotive Autometer Ride-Tech

    20. #20
      Join Date
      Apr 2005
      Location
      Chicago
      Posts
      2,788
      Country Flag: United States

      Battery Wiring Clean Up ( 03-06-22 )

      Seriously I am getting really good at taking this car apart. Once again I am taking the positive off the mock up battery.

      Name:  20220319115318-f1f39258-me.jpg
Views: 440
Size:  109.2 KB

      I slipped over some heat shrink that I will eventually heat up once every thing is complete in this area. If all works out like I plan it may look really cool or it will be a total disaster.

      Name:  20220319115323-97629750-me.jpg
Views: 424
Size:  118.9 KB

      Name:  20220319115331-17081817-me.jpg
Views: 463
Size:  108.7 KB

      I need to lengthen the indicator wiring as I am routing them so they can't be seen through the grill. The good news I have extra wire so this will be a simple task.

      Name:  20220319115340-15505db1-me.jpg
Views: 430
Size:  96.3 KB

      Animal crackers just because I was hungry and I found them in the cabinet.

      Name:  20220319115344-cf5f50d2-me.jpg
Views: 443
Size:  100.5 KB

      Name:  20220319115350-adf8a5fa-me.jpg
Views: 463
Size:  102.1 KB

      Name:  20220319115351-a6e94d9b-me.jpg
Views: 447
Size:  101.1 KB

      Name:  20220319115354-89b081c8-me.jpg
Views: 421
Size:  87.7 KB

      Name:  20220319115355-05721b91-me.jpg
Views: 413
Size:  117.8 KB

      Name:  20220319115402-e79ff0ab-me.jpg
Views: 432
Size:  111.3 KB



      - - - Updated - - -

      Since they were wound up in a tight circle and I was tired of fighting them. I hung them and turned up my Forced Air Heater and warmed them up for a couple hours. The good news it worked and they un-curled quite nice.

      Name:  20220319115406-ec89fb90-me.jpg
Views: 426
Size:  128.5 KB

      Since I am not painting the radiator for this version of the car. I decided I was going to smooth out these scratches.

      Name:  20220319115414-74ac7c70-me.jpg
Views: 434
Size:  100.4 KB

      couples minutes later. Success !

      Name:  20220319115417-36c3e472-me.jpg
Views: 390
Size:  87.7 KB
      marty-mj
      GarageScene.net High Speed Welding KDHotrods RecoveryRoomInteriors WegnerAutomotive Autometer Ride-Tech

    Page 44 of 45 FirstFirst ... 34 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 LastLast



    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com