Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Results 1 to 20 of 949

    Hybrid View

    1. #1
      Join Date
      Apr 2005
      Location
      Chicago
      Posts
      2,788
      Country Flag: United States

      Fuel Pump Wiring Concept ( 09-23-21 )

      Time to run some wires

      Name:  20220101145154-a07cef5a-me.jpg
Views: 693
Size:  70.8 KB

      Name:  20220101145319-cbf2cf81-me.jpg
Views: 684
Size:  100.8 KB

      Name:  20220101145330-20ff5d3f-me.jpg
Views: 726
Size:  117.5 KB

      Name:  20220101145333-dee192c9-me.jpg
Views: 742
Size:  122.2 KB

      I plan to install a weather pack connector in this location so if I have to remove the tank it will be easy to access.

      Name:  20220101145336-4eede6e9-me.jpg
Views: 742
Size:  138.0 KB

      Back in the trunk to make sure the wires coming out of the tank are long enough.

      Name:  20220101145343-ddecba3c-me.jpg
Views: 731
Size:  111.8 KB



      Name:  20220101145355-a6452a37-me.jpg
Views: 709
Size:  113.4 KB

      More parts ( 10-05-21 )

      Name:  20220101145358-0b73b646-me.jpg
Views: 694
Size:  133.6 KB

      Weld studs are installed I will clean up the excess once it dries or is it hardens.

      Name:  20220101145431-d7a789ff-me.jpg
Views: 704
Size:  100.2 KB

      I had to make chipboard stands to keep the weld studs from sliding down. Most likely due to my generous amount of epoxy.

      Name:  20220101145437-f10e21cc-me.jpg
Views: 747
Size:  127.2 KB

      Name:  20220101145446-02b02a52-me.jpg
Views: 684
Size:  129.9 KB

      Man to I make a bunch of notes. I am going to blame it on my Chemo Brain.

      Name:  20220101145450-23bcc2c7-me.jpg
Views: 687
Size:  108.8 KB
      marty-mj
      GarageScene.net High Speed Welding KDHotrods RecoveryRoomInteriors WegnerAutomotive Autometer Ride-Tech


    2. #2
      Join Date
      Apr 2005
      Location
      Chicago
      Posts
      2,788
      Country Flag: United States
      My plan is to start the car up before I make the final "Wet" connection to the motor. So I ordered this little hose that ICT Billet offer so I can bypass the Vintage Air.


      Name:  20220101145523-78495f37-me.jpg
Views: 785
Size:  89.7 KB


      Name:  20220101145526-73f1b447-me.jpg
Views: 879
Size:  106.1 KB


      Not sure why I took this picture but I like it.


      Name:  20220101145529-b92aa649-me.jpg
Views: 675
Size:  124.4 KB


      Tank is going back in and I am going to finalize the wiring to the fuel pump and sending unit. ( 10-09-21 )


      Name:  20220101145535-487b4b87-me.jpg
Views: 674
Size:  116.0 KB


      I stepped the shrink wrap so the grommet would stay in place.


      Name:  20220101145537-2dd85930-me.jpg
Views: 690
Size:  95.9 KB


      Name:  20220101145541-587d9dac-me.jpg
Views: 706
Size:  106.0 KB


      Name:  20220101145543-76e10af6-me.jpg
Views: 689
Size:  101.7 KB


      I also saved and labeled an extra grommet just in case I needed one later. Yes, I am building a service kit for the car that I will stow in the trunk.


      Name:  20220101145547-d5daf47e-me.jpg
Views: 678
Size:  98.4 KB


      Name:  20220101145554-9dcf31e9-me.jpg
Views: 691
Size:  149.7 KB


      I also ran the wires around the tank.


      Name:  20220101145604-6f5a3366-me.jpg
Views: 709
Size:  102.1 KB


      So it looks like I need to add one more Weld Stud...Ugh !!!


      Name:  20220101145611-5ee7661c-me.jpg
Views: 652
Size:  103.6 KB


      I finally received the fitting I need to connect the Fuel Pressure Sensor to the Fuel Rail. I am sorry I don't really like it as it has to many points that could leak.


      Name:  20220101145628-d0d1be61-me.jpg
Views: 712
Size:  89.8 KB
      marty-mj
      GarageScene.net High Speed Welding KDHotrods RecoveryRoomInteriors WegnerAutomotive Autometer Ride-Tech

    3. #3
      Join Date
      Nov 2018
      Posts
      984
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by syborg tt View Post
      My plan is to start the car up before I make the final "Wet" connection to the motor. So I ordered this little hose that ICT Billet offer so I can bypass the Vintage Air.


      Name:  20220101145523-78495f37-me.jpg
Views: 785
Size:  89.7 KB


      Name:  20220101145526-73f1b447-me.jpg
Views: 879
Size:  106.1 KB
      Great work, but something seems to be missing, can't quite place my finger on it.
      2021 Durango R/T
      2005 Dakota beater
      2003 Dakota project-o-mobile

    4. #4
      Join Date
      Apr 2005
      Location
      Chicago
      Posts
      2,788
      Country Flag: United States
      So true, being honest I just stuck it on to make sure it actually fits.



      Quote Originally Posted by Vimes View Post
      Great work, but something seems to be missing, can't quite place my finger on it.
      marty-mj
      GarageScene.net High Speed Welding KDHotrods RecoveryRoomInteriors WegnerAutomotive Autometer Ride-Tech

    5. #5
      Join Date
      Nov 2018
      Posts
      984
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by syborg tt View Post
      So true, being honest I just stuck it on to make sure it actually fits.
      Heh heh, I've made that mistake before, the mistake being that I forgot to go back and clamp it. PSSSSSSSHT!
      2021 Durango R/T
      2005 Dakota beater
      2003 Dakota project-o-mobile

    6. #6
      Join Date
      Apr 2005
      Location
      Chicago
      Posts
      2,788
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by Vimes View Post
      Heh heh, I've made that mistake before, the mistake being that I forgot to go back and clamp it. PSSSSSSSHT!
      Trust me I have made that mistake so many times.

      My last big one was draining my Hot Tub and when I went to blow out the lines (yes I turned the powere on) well lets just say I was soaked from head to toe and it was 36 degree's outside.
      marty-mj
      GarageScene.net High Speed Welding KDHotrods RecoveryRoomInteriors WegnerAutomotive Autometer Ride-Tech




    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com