Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Page 25 of 48 FirstFirst ... 15 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 35 ... LastLast
    Results 481 to 500 of 949
    1. #481
      Join Date
      Apr 2005
      Location
      Chicago
      Posts
      2,788
      Country Flag: United States
      2nd Chance Camaro 2.0 - Holley EFI & 4L60E
      2019 10-15 Update - Holley EFI & 4L60E

      www.2ndchancecamaro.com


      Well it looks like it time for me to start updating this thread to where I am today. So what started as a simple EFI swap
      turned into version 2.0 and yes I am having fun and enjoying working on the car again.

      Out with the old and soon to be new flat hood and the RS 3 light conversion.



      These will be going to Ron who is working on my old green 70 Camaro.



      Installing the original hood hinges that where powder coated by the guys at Pro-Tek Powder Coating in Joliet Illinois.



      The Cowl screen will also be going to Ron





      Down Bars are going to be swapped out with a different style.



      Since the bars are being removed I will have have the holes filled in the firewall.





      I am really looking forward to the new look.




      The Vintage Air lines will also be painted black for version 2.0



      One of my favorite pieces from Anvil Auto



      Front End being stripped.







      marty-mj
      GarageScene.net High Speed Welding KDHotrods RecoveryRoomInteriors WegnerAutomotive Autometer Ride-Tech

    2. #482
      Join Date
      Apr 2005
      Location
      Chicago
      Posts
      2,788
      Country Flag: United States
      Removed all of the trans coolant & fuel lines. (( 07-21-19 ))



      The pile is growing.



      Marking likes and fitting because my memory sucks.



      Back at it a week later. (( 07-28-19 ))



      Yep, this is all Mikes Fault.



      This is also one of those "Well where here might as well ..."



      Need to open up the hubcentric to fit over the hub.



      I can't let Mike have all the fun.



      So this would be a good time to smooth the firewall.



      What the heck Might as well powder coat the frame gloss black while we are here and that is how we got to here.





      marty-mj
      GarageScene.net High Speed Welding KDHotrods RecoveryRoomInteriors WegnerAutomotive Autometer Ride-Tech

    3. #483
      Join Date
      Apr 2005
      Location
      Chicago
      Posts
      2,788
      Country Flag: United States
      Later that night I stripped the subframe. (( 07-29-19 ))





      and took some parts to my warehouse.



      and brought some parts home.





      and of course painted it as I have issue's



      marty-mj
      GarageScene.net High Speed Welding KDHotrods RecoveryRoomInteriors WegnerAutomotive Autometer Ride-Tech

    4. #484
      Join Date
      Apr 2005
      Location
      Chicago
      Posts
      2,788
      Country Flag: United States
      Time to clean up the firewall and the stuff hiding behind the DSE Closeout panel. Did I mention how brutal it was to pull the panel off with all of this freaking silicone.



      Still have plenty to remove.



      Brought this home and yes this is going on. Thank you Scott Mock for making this for me. Now I can run all three lights on the front end of my car.



      I forgot to ask him to close up these holes. Oh well the Roadster Shop is close.



      Did I mention I have parts everywhere.



      Garage Attic Storage (( 08-01-19 ) Hotest day of the summer.

      So I ran out of places to put all of my parts and this convinced me to clean out the garage attic and take anything of value to Good-Will and the bike shop. The rest my buddy Ben helped me take to work and scrap.





      Attic Office ( Don't tell my wife )

      marty-mj
      GarageScene.net High Speed Welding KDHotrods RecoveryRoomInteriors WegnerAutomotive Autometer Ride-Tech

    5. #485
      Join Date
      Apr 2005
      Location
      Chicago
      Posts
      2,788
      Country Flag: United States
      Time to get the subframe over to High Speed Welding



      notes as I am certain I will forget



      Might as well clean this out a little better.



      Mikes favorite tool.



      The plan it to close up as many holes as possible.



      marty-mj
      GarageScene.net High Speed Welding KDHotrods RecoveryRoomInteriors WegnerAutomotive Autometer Ride-Tech

    6. #486
      Join Date
      Apr 2005
      Location
      Chicago
      Posts
      2,788
      Country Flag: United States
      Firewall Clean Up time (( 08-06-19 ))





      I remembered I needed just a little more clearance for the trans hardware. Nothing a body hammer can't fix.





      While I am here this is the perfect time to plan how the wiring is going to be run for the EFI and the body harness.



      marty-mj
      GarageScene.net High Speed Welding KDHotrods RecoveryRoomInteriors WegnerAutomotive Autometer Ride-Tech

    7. #487
      Join Date
      Apr 2005
      Location
      Chicago
      Posts
      2,788
      Country Flag: United States
      High Speed Welding Subframe clean up. (( 08-07-19 ))











      Finished and on the way back home.





      While it was at High Speed I had the guys weld grade 8 washers to beef up the lower control arm mounting holes.







      marty-mj
      GarageScene.net High Speed Welding KDHotrods RecoveryRoomInteriors WegnerAutomotive Autometer Ride-Tech


    8. #488
      Join Date
      Apr 2005
      Location
      Chicago
      Posts
      2,788
      Country Flag: United States
      Brake Booster removal and more pictures for reassemble (( 08-11-19 ))




      Wire harness removed



      I love this song !!!






      Did I mention how much I love removing nut zerts





      The left bottom one took some persuading.



      marty-mj
      GarageScene.net High Speed Welding KDHotrods RecoveryRoomInteriors WegnerAutomotive Autometer Ride-Tech

    9. #489
      Join Date
      Apr 2005
      Location
      Chicago
      Posts
      2,788
      Country Flag: United States
      Wire harness removed (( 08-11-19 ))



      Brake Booster removal and more pictures for reassemble



      Music break -- I love this song !!!





      I am also going to upgrade this hardware to ARP .









      I can see daylight.



      Back to cleaning up the firewall. I need to remove the nut zerts from the firewall and it doesn't look like it is going to be fun.





      The left bottom one took some persuading.



      Moving to the other side.



      marty-mj
      GarageScene.net High Speed Welding KDHotrods RecoveryRoomInteriors WegnerAutomotive Autometer Ride-Tech

    10. #490
      Join Date
      Apr 2005
      Location
      Chicago
      Posts
      2,788
      Country Flag: United States
      Have I lost my mind as there are way to many area's that need to be cleaned up.

      marty-mj
      GarageScene.net High Speed Welding KDHotrods RecoveryRoomInteriors WegnerAutomotive Autometer Ride-Tech

    11. #491
      Join Date
      Apr 2005
      Location
      Chicago
      Posts
      2,788
      Country Flag: United States
      The car is back home Larry's Shop and yes we pushed it a 1/2 mile home from his shop as we were trying to beat the rain. (10-06-19)





      and then this happened.



      New ARP hardware for the lower control arms (10-10-19)



      marty-mj
      GarageScene.net High Speed Welding KDHotrods RecoveryRoomInteriors WegnerAutomotive Autometer Ride-Tech

    12. #492
      Join Date
      Apr 2005
      Location
      Chicago
      Posts
      2,788
      Country Flag: United States
      Bye Bye Vintage Air (( 10-15-19 ))





      How the heck am I going to get to these nuts.



      Time to bring back out the cut up tools



      Since I am working alone I need to plan ahead and put the wrenches on the nuts.





      See the big hole on the left. Yes I stuck my arm in there and reached around to the wrench in the car to loosen the hardware.



      Everything is officially off the firewall.



      Remember that dolly that I brought back home from my warehouse and painted. Well it's officially back on the front of the car.



      More parts for the attic.

      marty-mj
      GarageScene.net High Speed Welding KDHotrods RecoveryRoomInteriors WegnerAutomotive Autometer Ride-Tech

    13. #493
      Join Date
      Apr 2005
      Location
      Chicago
      Posts
      2,788
      Country Flag: United States
      Need to build a deck for the lift so I can get the car off the lift.





      The attic is getting full.





      The bike is also for the side of the Camaro.



      marty-mj
      GarageScene.net High Speed Welding KDHotrods RecoveryRoomInteriors WegnerAutomotive Autometer Ride-Tech

    14. #494
      Join Date
      Apr 2005
      Location
      Chicago
      Posts
      2,788
      Country Flag: United States
      Time to clean up this bracket and how it is mounted. 10-15-19



      The Painters pole is acting as my 2nd man.





      Seriously what are the odds of screwing the first screw in and actually hitting the painters pole.



      I screwed it in so I could make sure it was in the correct location to hang the vintage air unit.



      just a cool accidental picture



      Removed the old sound deadening.



      Made a template for Ron who is building my old Green 70 Camaro Z28



      This would be my daughter having fun or at least pretending to. (Looking back in this thread you can see how
      young she was and it's nice to still have her out in the garage with me.







      Did I mention how much I love this stuff



      and I did put her to work.





      marty-mj
      GarageScene.net High Speed Welding KDHotrods RecoveryRoomInteriors WegnerAutomotive Autometer Ride-Tech

    15. #495
      Join Date
      Apr 2005
      Location
      Chicago
      Posts
      2,788
      Country Flag: United States
      Remember that emblem that need to be filled. Thank you Mr Phil AKA (ROadster Shop Phil) 10-15-20



      My daughter and her friend helped me remove the car from the lift. Not sure which was was driving but the good
      news is that no was was injured and the car was not damaged.



      Hard to believe how much new stuff is still in the trunk.



      Finally off to High Speed Welding to have all of the unwanted holes in the firewall closed up. (( 08-15-19 ))





      Back in the Garage one day later 08-16-19



      marty-mj
      GarageScene.net High Speed Welding KDHotrods RecoveryRoomInteriors WegnerAutomotive Autometer Ride-Tech

    16. #496
      Join Date
      Apr 2005
      Location
      Chicago
      Posts
      2,788
      Country Flag: United States
      Car is back from Hi Speed Welding (08-16-19)





      Next up the project from hell !!!



      Pulling the entire interior because of surface rust on the floor.



      The TMI rear seat.





      More very important notes





      Carpet is out



      and this is where the hell begins ...



      and this is why everything was removed.

      marty-mj
      GarageScene.net High Speed Welding KDHotrods RecoveryRoomInteriors WegnerAutomotive Autometer Ride-Tech

    17. #497
      Join Date
      Apr 2005
      Location
      Chicago
      Posts
      2,788
      Country Flag: United States
      apparently I am still allergic to wool.



      and did i tell you how brutal this was.







      Worthless



      Getting closer



      Yes I have issue's

      marty-mj
      GarageScene.net High Speed Welding KDHotrods RecoveryRoomInteriors WegnerAutomotive Autometer Ride-Tech

    18. #498
      Join Date
      Apr 2005
      Location
      Chicago
      Posts
      2,788
      Country Flag: United States
      Taking the Subframe to Pro-Tek Powder Coating (08-20-19)



      This project is still going on (08-21-19)







      finally it is starting to look better

      marty-mj
      GarageScene.net High Speed Welding KDHotrods RecoveryRoomInteriors WegnerAutomotive Autometer Ride-Tech

    19. #499
      Join Date
      Apr 2005
      Location
      Chicago
      Posts
      2,788
      Country Flag: United States
      Subframe is complete and coming home. (08-23-19)









      back home





      Setting it up for assembly



      back at it again and now i am trying to get rid of the adhesive residue.











      Not only do i have the adhesive residue from the Boom Mat I am also fighting the carpet adhesive.



      marty-mj
      GarageScene.net High Speed Welding KDHotrods RecoveryRoomInteriors WegnerAutomotive Autometer Ride-Tech

    20. #500
      Join Date
      Apr 2005
      Location
      Chicago
      Posts
      2,788
      Country Flag: United States
      I am starting to see the light at the end of tunnel.







      prepping for paint.



      Screw it let's drill some holes !!







      Finally the reason for the EFI swap.









      One more hole for the Holley ECU power (09-03-19)







      marty-mj
      GarageScene.net High Speed Welding KDHotrods RecoveryRoomInteriors WegnerAutomotive Autometer Ride-Tech

    Page 25 of 48 FirstFirst ... 15 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 35 ... LastLast



    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com