Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Results 1 to 4 of 4

    Hybrid View

    1. #1
      Join Date
      Sep 2010
      Posts
      5

      69 firebird suspension

      hello everyone! Just signed up and became a member, now I will be relying on the infinite knowledge found here.

      Here's what I'm doing. complete rust-oration, I mean restoration of a 69 bird. In the initial tear down, thought I would need front and rear floors a couple quarters and paint. Yeah right. I"m sending a few picts. all I'm left using is the skelton metal roof to bottom of pillars, all the rest form tamaraz, american muscle, year one and goodman.



      I'm at the suspension pre-planning stage. I want a sick looking car (like Rodger's "RedZed") I'm not going to actually "Pro-Tour" this car, but I want the look. Thought I wanted air ride, but not sure now. I've spoken to Speed Tech and TCI. Love their influence and knowledge. Price is always a consideration in any build, I don't care who you are. Any way looking for a sweet stance like the redzed. I'm going to minitub with detroits 3" kit. Now it comes to who's suspension do I purchase knowing that I'm not going to professionally road race for times, I just want the sick ride quality of an aftermarket protouring like suspension. I've mentioned Speed Tech and TCI, but not limited to and want someone else's opinion. Technicality of the install is not a problem either. Also, I bought the car with a pontiac 455, Balanced and Blueprinted ( so he said ) And don't really want to custom fab headers. Motor mount fabbing no big deal. Any help??

      first pict. is the great homecoming, Second pict is where it is now. I will be documenting the build here in the next few weeks.
      Attached Images Attached Images        


    2. #2
      Join Date
      Mar 2007
      Posts
      43
      I went with the heidts front suspension on mine, bolts rigt on and you can either use stock spindles or dropped ones, stock coils and shocks or coilovers or even air ride shocks with them. Price was reasonable I thought and really tightens up the ride. I would also highly!!! recomend a fast ratio steering box, I used one out of a 92 IROC camaro. it bolts right in and makes a huge difference in how the car drives. I realize my car is more Pro Street than Pro Touring But I drive it a lot and it rides and drives great. Drove it to two shows that were about 100 miles from my house in the last month.








    3. #3
      Join Date
      Oct 2009
      Posts
      153
      that firebird sure sits nice..good looking car

    4. #4
      Join Date
      Aug 2003
      Location
      Orlando, FL
      Posts
      8,745
      We have multiple suspension solutions, feel free to call




    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com