Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Results 1 to 9 of 9

    Threaded View

    1. #5
      Join Date
      Feb 2010
      Location
      Central Texas
      Posts
      78
      Country Flag: United States
      After my last post, I decided to take on the next project in my rolling restoration. I call it a rolling restoration as I have to be able to drive it between projects or it starts to bother me. The task of restoring the car then starts to feel like a never ending job rather than a hobby I enjoy.

      I really wanted to refinish the dash as it is was detracting from the look of the interior. As you can tell in the previous pictures, someone replaced the dash bezels with the woodgrain version from a '68. I started stripping the dash with the plan to switch to the stock '67 bezels and a set of Autometer gauges.

      After removing all the dash components, I decided it would be a waste to refinish the dash at this time. I need to replace the floorboards but I've been delaying the project as I don't have much welding experience yet. If I took on the project later, I'd no doubt just end up messing up the dash in the process. As a result, I decided to go ahead and replace the floor and then finish the dash afterwards.

      The only portion of the floorboard without significant rust holes was the passenger rear floorboard. The previous owner broke the driver window regulator so it would not roll up. This did not bother him and he continued to park it outside. This caused all the rust but at least it is isolated to the floorboards.



      Here are a few pictures of the rust damage when I started.
      Name:  Floor Inspection 12.JPG
Views: 651
Size:  362.5 KBName:  Floor Inspection 13.JPG
Views: 650
Size:  323.7 KBName:  Floor Inspection 14.JPG
Views: 738
Size:  356.0 KB

      This is during the removal of the floors.
      Name:  100_5541.jpg
Views: 782
Size:  128.9 KB





    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com