Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Results 1 to 12 of 12

    Hybrid View

    1. #1
      Join Date
      May 2010
      Location
      Virginia Beach, VA
      Posts
      35

      68 Camaro Project

      I am new to pro-touring.com. Im 22 years old currently serving in the US Navy. I recently returned from overseas and bought a 68 Camaro as a present to myself and my first project car(I've always been a truck guy). The plans are Hotchkis A-arms, drop springs, swaybar, on the stock subframe(which is back from powdercoating). I plan to run 315's on 17's with AME Tri-4bar and a 9" rear mini tubbed of course. I am going with a big block chevy and shooting for about 500hp and a TKO600 to get it to the rear. The current state of the car is stripped and ready to be sent to media blasting, I pulled the old 10 bolt off today, and should be dropping it off for media in the next week or so. The budget on the car is somewhat limited, however I am more than willing to wait a few extra months to get it right the first time than use something Im going to regret. As you can see the garage isnt exactly a 10,000sqft shop so my overflow parts are staying in the spare bedroom until I have a place to mount then...you can imagine my girlfriends feelings. I hope to have an update for you soon

      Here is a few pics...I dont have any of it completely stripped but I have some of it on the way











    2. #2
      Join Date
      Aug 2003
      Location
      Orlando, FL
      Posts
      8,745
      Looks like a great car to start with. Good luck and FYI, we also help with a little extra discount for our men in uniform. So if you need anything, let me know

    3. #3
      Join Date
      May 2010
      Location
      Virginia Beach, VA
      Posts
      35
      Its ready for Media finally....




    4. #4
      Join Date
      May 2010
      Location
      Virginia Beach, VA
      Posts
      35
      Its been a while since I have updated on Pro-Touring so here the current status

      Purchased and mounted
      Boyd Fury 18X12 Rears 17X8 Front
      335/30-255/35 Pilot Sports
      Speed tech Upper and Lower Control arms
      Hotchkis Springs
      QA1 Shocks
      GM 500 Series steering box

      Waiting to install
      DSE Tubs
      DSE Sub Frame Connectors

      Ordered AME Tri-4 Bar with complete 9"

      still need to order
      Full Floor
      trunk pan
      Left and right Quarters
      Tail Pan
      Fenders

      Im gone a lot with training so things have been slow. The AME rear should be here soon, im replacing the floors so i figured i would practice cutting the tubs out on the old before i mess up my new panels

      The car has been completely media blasted every inch they could reach.

      If anyone has suggestions on which floors to use or which to avoid it would be greatly appreciated, i.e. yearone, classic industries, etc.









      someday soon only a lot lower



    5. #5
      Join Date
      Jan 2009
      Location
      Lawrenceville, Ga.
      Posts
      440
      Country Flag: United States
      Welcome aboard and keep the pics coming
      There are 2 factors in Autocross, Tires and the loose nut behind the wheel.

      Paul Grala
      69 Mach 1 project (For Sale)
      78 Cobra
      87 GT
      98 Expedition

    6. #6
      Join Date
      Nov 2008
      Location
      Lawrenceburg, TN
      Posts
      4,098
      Country Flag: United States
      I like it!! another 68! keep us posted

    7. #7
      Join Date
      Mar 2009
      Location
      overseas
      Posts
      3,434
      Country Flag: United States
      welcome aboard! nice project! you need to start a build-thread in the "project updates section" and post them pics and updates
      Kevin S. (overseas in Germany)
      1963 Chevrolet Impala 2d ht Coupe

      www.CruznArt.com
      CRUZN - Automotive Artworks

    8. #8
      Join Date
      May 2010
      Location
      Virginia Beach, VA
      Posts
      35
      I started a thread in project updates 68 camaro- project trident

    9. #9
      Join Date
      Mar 2009
      Location
      overseas
      Posts
      3,434
      Country Flag: United States
      ah yeah already seen it
      Kevin S. (overseas in Germany)
      1963 Chevrolet Impala 2d ht Coupe

      www.CruznArt.com
      CRUZN - Automotive Artworks

    10. #10
      Join Date
      Feb 2011
      Location
      Kalamazoo, MI
      Posts
      144
      Good looking project!
      1969 Pontiac GTO
      -The Nameless project.

      0331, USMC, Semper Fi.

    11. #11
      Join Date
      Jan 2006
      Location
      Melbourne, Fla
      Posts
      216
      Country Flag: United States
      Welcome from one fellow warrior to another (U.S. Air Force). Nothing better than a First Gen Camaro PT car! Enjoy!

      Tango
      AFSOC/Rescue pilot

    12. #12
      Join Date
      Dec 2010
      Location
      Gaston, SC
      Posts
      105
      nice work. I lived in Norfolk until about 2006. I was stationed onboard the Truman. Thanks for your service!
      Milan
      1964 Chevelle SS




    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com